Future Xur/consumable wishlist (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:17 (3515 days ago) @ kornman00

So Xur currently sells some consumables that allow you to gain more weapon XP for a set time or upgrade a Rare Sparrow to a faux-Legendary one (ie, not as good as Legendary found in the wild).

But you know what would be really cool to also spend my hard earned Strange Coins on? Elemental Changer consumables for weapons.

Basically they would work like the Sparrow upgrade. They're a one-time consumable that you can apply to a Legendary (and maybe Exotics?) weapons that already have a certain Element damage type. So you could buy something like a "Void Muzzle" that "swaps" with your weapon's current, say Solar, muzzle. However, if the weapon only does Kinetic damage (ie, non-Raid Primaries), you can't swap it with this "Elemental muzzle" consumable.

I like to think this wouldn't disrupt the sandbox Bungie has created, especially with regards to the future Iron Banner event (since we all have the same shield). Maybe they would work *exactly* like the Sparrow upgrade, in that you can only change the Element type once? I'm not exactly a game designer by trade, but I am a gamer. Who enjoys the Destiny sandbox. So I'd like to think I have a good idea every now and then.

I sharded a solar shotgun and then regretted it, I've been getting a lot of shotguns the past few days but I've yet to get a solar one, or any other solar weapons that I can remember. I don't really need one at this point, but I'd like to have my inventory rounded out again, and I'd be willing to pay to convert one of the shotguns or other weapons I stumble across to solar.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread