My problems with the Crucible (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 13:22 (3504 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

[*]I have real trouble with target discrimination; opposing forces don't have a distinctive silhouette or colour scheme, I have to look for a bipedal form that *doesn't* have an insignia over its head. It's not a long delay, but with the fast pace of Crucible combat it's often enough to cost me my shield and thus the engagement.

Shoot first and ask questions later. There is no Friendly Fire in Destiny so if you see another Guardian and don't have time to do Friend or Foe discrimination just let 'er rip.

Otherwise, pay close attention to that radar: allies are always green/blue dots and red sectors means enemies nearby.

[*]I think there's something wrong with the matching; admittedly I've only played 4 matches, but in all of them the side I was on was crushed with ~5000-point spreads. I always felt like I was a drag on the team.

Point difference doesn't always mean much. Especially when a team gets map control and grabs every heavy ammo spawn.

Maybe my issues would resolve with more practice, but when other aspects of the game are so much more enjoyable for me I don't see any reason to "grind" through.

Crucible went through several peaks and lows for me before I really got a handle on what was going on. Now I'm pretty comfortable with it in general.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread