Exo Stranger's statement at the Ishtar Sink (maybe spoilers) (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 03, 2014, 09:58 (3503 days ago) @ narcogen

I'll probably write at length about this at some point, but I do believe that the differing aims of Destiny's design put it at odds with the traditional model established by Halo, with a feature-length, linear story presented in cutscenes punctuated by long action sequences directed by the player who controls the story's protagonist.

Plenty of games tell you a great story without being structured like Halo. With all the examples out there, it's hard to believe Bungie could fail when successes already abound. The only explanation that would reasonably explain the debacle would be a revamp of the story for various reasons. This is supported by my personal conversations with a few folks who work and worked on Destiny.

The only thing I know for certain is that a lot of story stuff was written and redone close to when the game had to ship. By that I mean in the past 8 months. WHY is completely up for debate and speculation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread