Space Pirates anyone?

by iZac, Shanghai, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 18:15 (4067 days ago) @ BMRX

Indeed! I'm excited for this possibility but I wont hold my breath because with Bungie we really have no idea what to expect.

Thinking about it, Bungie is really doing something (to my knowledge) that has never really been done. I feel it's safe to expect the unexpected.

Although PvP in an open world would be fun in some respects, I also think there would be an exceptional amount of griefing from turds who want to camp outside a spawning point for player ships and take pot shots at them.

Having said that, a concerted PvE space environment would be really cool. Given what I assume will be a limited party number in co-op, you could all team up to bring down an enemy frigate or something in a cinematic dog fight... and then scavenge the loot.

I guess PvP will be limited to a competitive multiplayer sandbox for people who want to play the 'normal' multiplayer modes. But since we are "humanities last hope" I don't know how they could intertwine the 'humans killing each other' aspect into Destiny lore in this seamless MMO world they’re trying to sculpt, unless the rivalry between 'factions' really is that vicious!?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread