How are titans OP? (Destiny)

by Durandal, Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 05:28 (3491 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Both the shield and the fist of havoc are very useful powers all the time. The fist is tremendously useful, both as an offensive and as a defensive weapon.

Defensively a Titan can use his super to win otherwise losing engagements. I can't tell you how many times I have reduced a Titan to <25% health only to have them pull out the fist and win, or pop golden gun or blades only to have a titan immediately counter. Conversely, it is very hard to counter the fist because you have to hit with the golden gun in that 1 second opening at the start of the animation.

Offensively the Titan's fist can clear a control point or room in short order with little to no warning.

Combine that with some good perks, useful grenades and an effective melee attack and you have a large advantage.

I've also seen the shield used very effectively to take a control point or even cancel a warlock or blade dancer super. Plus the titan can get an overshield from a melee making them very frustrating to fight one vs one.

The other two classes, especially the hunter, need to plan their super use far more carefully and cannot use it to pull their fat out of the fire. That flexibility makes the titan far easier to use in PVP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread