Faction weapons not for sale (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:18 (3493 days ago)

Holy cow! You can get weapons from factions that they don't have for sale through packages! That's it, I'm putting my FWC cape back on.

Faction weapons not for sale

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:05 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Holy cow! You can get weapons from factions that they don't have for sale through packages! That's it, I'm putting my FWC cape back on.

When I got my Final Rest II (Dead Orbit Fusion Rifle), I'm pretty sure I was leveling my New Monarchy, IF I was leveling anything at all... But hey, you may be right. Hitting Rank 3 with New Monarchy gave me a Legendary helmet of theirs with different stats...

See, you're not done with this game

by kornman00, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:37 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

;p

Each of my three characters rocks a different fraction. I just got Dead Orbit's "The Nowhere" shader from a level up a few days ago (took forever)

What's also nice about level-up packages is that they can also give you weapons which they DO sell but with different rolls. Which makes those weapons all the more special. Well, assuming you don't get a slow-reloading (and fast firing) machine gun that has a "reloading after a kill grants bonus dmg" tech. I hate it when that happens.

Level-up packages are the reason why I have only bought one or two weapons using Marks. I tend to be in need of Shards, so I buy throw-away gear instead...

by squidnh3, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 17:30 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I just assumed that hitting level 3 automatically gave you something they didn't sell. That's how I got my New Monarchy hand cannon. You get more stuff for subsequent levels as well? I guess that makes sense.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 17:39 (3492 days ago) @ squidnh3

Level 3 and up give you something "legendary" from them. I've gotten a weapon that the vanguard already sells. I've had 3 packages from Dead Orbit. The first was a single strange coin. The next was a mote of light. The next was ascendant materials. I really hate that Dead Orbit guy.

I've got faction weapons that aren't sold from nightfall strikes and engrams.

Um, does it matter what faction?

by Durandal, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:00 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Other then the visual, aren't all the faction weapons essentially the same once you have a random roll on the perks? I mean the RNG has blessed me with 3 Epitaphs, all with different perks and damage types. Doesn't that make it just a matter of what skin you want on the gun?

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 20:28 (3492 days ago) @ Durandal

The weapons all have very different core stats between factions. Just compare the weapons that are visible. The Dead Orbit HMG is very different from the Vanguard or Crucible ones.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 21:19 (3492 days ago) @ Durandal

Other then the visual, aren't all the faction weapons essentially the same once you have a random roll on the perks? I mean the RNG has blessed me with 3 Epitaphs, all with different perks and damage types. Doesn't that make it just a matter of what skin you want on the gun?

That's not what I mean. You can get for instance, a FWC sniper rifle, even though it is not sold.

by Avateur @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:17 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I get that you're excited, but all I can think is, "Big deal."

Does this really change anything or do anything special or different for the game?

by Monochron, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:48 (3492 days ago) @ Avateur

Hitherto unknown weapons could have interesting properties that make them worthwhile. Playing in the crucible with Truth vs. a Despot yields a much more fun experience.

FWC The Conduit Pulse rifle

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:42 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This was my very first legendary weapon and I'm not sure how I got it. I wasn't using any faction marks for my titan, still working on Vangaurd lvl 3. Its not too shabby, has full auto ability, glass half full, and can upgrade to a 42 round mag. I still prefer shadow price though.

FWC The Conduit Pulse rifle

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 20:23 (3492 days ago) @ red robber

Ranking the Cryptarch can get you gear from any faction.

by Monochron, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:45 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My Legendary Warlock Bond looks waaaay cooler than my FWC Bond though . . .

And if you get Vangaurd Weapons that they don't sell, that would work out.

Dont get your hopes up...

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Monday, November 10, 2014, 01:26 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All you'll get is the same cape you already own (and wearing) and some shards in the post. If by chance you get a weapon, it'll be the same Heavy you already own.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 10, 2014, 04:04 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't do it! You're just succumbing to the crappy investment system! Go back to doing the raid!

by Kahzgul, Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:38 (3492 days ago) @ narcogen

I got a New Monarchy Hand Cannon at level 3, and it's like a poor man's Timur's Lash.

Still, the best gun I've gotten in a care package was a Shadow Price with Field Scout, Super fast reloads after a precision kill, and more damage when reloading after a kill. That gun rips it up.

I learned that from you...

by nash, Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:13 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Calming

(I'm level 7 with FWC and have t been able to snag it yet...)

I learned that from you...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:23 (3492 days ago) @ nash
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:27

The Calming

(I'm level 7 with FWC and have t been able to snag it yet...)

Love this gun. Being able to toggle armor piercing and accelerated coils makes it extremely versatile. My go to void weapon for Praetorians and Psions.

by JComboBox, Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 09:30 (3490 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The weapons you get from leveling up a faction not only include ones that aren't for sale, but the elemental damage on them can also be randomized. I received a HIDE AND SEEK-42 from a Dead Orbit Rank and it has Solar Damage vs the Void Damage sold in the store. After hitting Rank 3 on Vanguard I always wear my Dead Orbit stuff to rank up and get those sweet drops!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 09:38 (3490 days ago) @ JComboBox

After hitting Rank 3 on Vanguard I always wear my Dead Orbit stuff to rank up and get those sweet drops!

Level 3 Dead Orbit: 1 strange coin
Level 4 Dead Orbit: 1 mote of light
Level 5 Dead Orbit: 2 acendant materials
Level 6 Dead Orbit (last night): 2 strange coins

I really hate that Dead Orbit guy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread