Y'know what I'm looking forward to?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 15:16 (4089 days ago)

Being in on the ground-floor start of a new Bungie story!

I didn't discover Halo til' midway between CE and 2, after which I rediscovered the Marathon series, and I totally missed out on all the Myth and Oni stuff.

So I'm really really pumped to see this story from the beginning; discovering it alongside all you fun people, speculating and extrapolating and deducing, and ultimately enjoying not just the game, but a new(ish) community as well.

I'm jazzed to contribute my one or two images a day to the ARG decoding effort, and see the result. Sure, I know someone would probably solve it even if I just sat back and watched, but I can take a sliver of pride in knowing that I helped solve it a little faster. ;)

It's just more fun when you get involved. The way my dad put it, "people tend to support what they help to create". Now maybe we didn't create the game itself, but we most certainly can be responsible for the creation of the community around it, and we're definitely responsible for the fun we have with it. If you don't want to have fun doing something, you're probably not going to.

I'm looking forward to having fun discovering Destiny.

~ Mid7night

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread