Engrams wtf? (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, November 27, 2014, 09:39 (3448 days ago)

Seeing as I can't play the full game, I haven't completely kept up with the variety of changes and updates since launch. I'll blow through dev notes and change logs, but ultimately don't commit too much of it to memory.

That said, my understanding was that engrams were (now) supposed to decode to their rarity or better all the time (green = green or better, blue = blue or better, etc). However, last night I noticed I've been getting green engrams that occasionally decode into white items.

So wtf? Is this a thing that exists in the trial but not in retail? Do I not understand how engrams are supposed to work? Has the world gone mad?

I mean, I'm not feeling gipped or anything (it's only green to white, and has almost always been for something I didn't need anyway), but it is a thing that's kind of perplexing and annoying as there's zero explanation and indication of what's going on, and what outcome I should expect (which I guess in general has kind of been par for the course since Alpha and Beta for literally just about every system in the game).

Help?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread