This^^^ (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, November 27, 2014, 16:22 (3447 days ago) @ unoudid

As an owner of both systems you are stuck repurchasing all of the stuff. And all of the exclusive items don't transfer either (ghost shell, blacksmith shader, sparrow, ship). It blows after spending nearly $250 on games between them that you are still stuck without simple in game content.

Ugh.

I ask because I started on the Xbox One and backtracked to the 360, and this was the case. Nothing transferred and I had to purchase a 360 Limited Edition to get my gear back. What's confusing me is that the official Destiny site does say that 360->XB1 should work:

Q. When I buy the Destiny Limited Edition or Destiny Ghost Edition on Xbox 360, will I also be able to download the Xbox One version of the Expansion Pass that comes with it for free?

Yes, when you buy the Destiny Limited Edition or Destiny Ghost Edition on Xbox 360 and redeem the Expansion Pass by January 15, 2015, you will also be able to download it on Xbox One by doing the following:

A physical or digital Xbox One version of the Destiny game will be required to play this content on Xbox One, sold separately.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.

At the very least, I think the Expansion should still work, but the Limited Edition gear also needs to transfer. Otherwise I'm going to be very upset.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread