Giving thanks (Destiny)

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Thursday, November 27, 2014, 16:32 (3447 days ago)

Hello all, I truly hope everyone is able to enjoy their loved ones today.

The time since Destiny's drop has gone too quickly for me to really step back and gather my thoughts on the game, but this vacation has allowed me to do that. I have three characters each wielding their own exotics and legendaries, and doing the raid is now obviously some of the most fun I've had in a videogame. There is so much good about this game, if I could buy destiny 2 now it would be hard not to.

After replaying the halo campaigns recently, I'm especially saddened by the state of Destinys story. I look at my preorder poster on my wall and it almost feels like I'm still waiting for that game to come out. It's so starkly missing the Bungie touch that we all expected. But this leaves me with a lot of hope for the future of the game. Maybe they really were pushing the envelope too far, maybe after creating the universe first and then the stories to fill them we can get a fuller and more natural feeling campaign. I just want some characters to invest in. Side note: The speaker should have the Activision logo on him, that's how I picture it.

ANYWAY, I am very thankful for Destiny. The "grind" that has cursed this game has given me routine, and with the halo mp issues I had more fun in the Iron Banner!

What are you thankful for DBO?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread