Make it rain? (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:59 (3441 days ago) @ unoudid

Since the new higher level armor/weapons will be sold by the Vanguard, I'm assuming you won't need the DLC to get to 30/31. You would need it to get to 32 though because the raid is DLC.

so what you are saying is all of my current vanguard weapons/armor are going to be crap compared to the new stuff? Am I going to have to shard all weapons/armor now? for example, I have a 300 Shadow Price that I used for Iron Banner some, it's nothing special... just the standard vanguard release. Will it now be useless come next Iron Banner since the damage cap will be higher on new stuff?

I would imagine this is par for the course in MMOs.

You get the stuff you like, you level it up and then you're king of the mountain for a bit.

Then the cap is raised, and what was once the best no longer is, and they cycle repeats.

Unless, Bungie implements some "vendor" you can go to take your favorite 300 type weapon and get some traveler magic applied to it so you can level it up....again.

I'm more interested in the exotics and what how they plan to handle those long term.

Destiny does not encourage you to hold onto gear and weapons you like; eventually, something better will come along. It has to. The game economy depends on it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread