Co-op Night Beta (XB1 Edition) Wed@9 PM EST (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 10:46 (3497 days ago)

What?

The daily mission, followed by the Nightfall mission (preferably hardest difficulty)

Who?

Guardians level 27 and up

Where?

Xbox Live on the Xbox One

How?

Post your gamertags below or send a message to Kermit7.

I will invite you to an XBL party shortly before 9 EST. When the party is full the Co-op Night Random Team Generator (RTG) will assign teams. Teams will break off, and I'll invite more people to the party until I've included everyone. This process should wrap up by ~9:05.

Why?

To have the opportunity to play with community members you may not have played with before, to have a predictable time during the week to cooperatively tackle a harder challenge, and to kick some alien butt.

Caveat: this is an experiment. We'll see how it goes. If you have ideas, let me know.

<3

Kermit

P.S. Remember that on co-op night, assists count more than kills.

Co-op Night Beta (XB1 Edition) Wed@9 PM EST

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:02 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

Caveat: this is an experiment. We'll see how it goes. If you have ideas, let me know.

Thursday nights! Please! I very rarely get to play with the B.org collective for co-op nights due to ongoing Wed night obligations. :'(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:12 (3497 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Thursday nights! Please! I very rarely get to play with the B.org collective for co-op nights due to ongoing Wed night obligations. :'(

Hey! Would Tuesday suit you better?

I'm on the fence between following tradition and moving it to Tuesday so we get Nightfall out of the way earlier and an extra day of the experience bonus.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:17 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes! Heh, almost any night works better for me. I just finished at my second job, so most nights are open, just not Wed. I'd love to play with everyone, but I'm just being a squeaky wheel. Don't change it all merely on my account; though if you've other factors that would encourage a Tues playtime, count me in!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:30 (3497 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Yes! Heh, almost any night works better for me. I just finished at my second job, so most nights are open, just not Wed. I'd love to play with everyone, but I'm just being a squeaky wheel. Don't change it all merely on my account; though if you've other factors that would encourage a Tues playtime, count me in!

This is an experiment. Things are likely to change, especially if Bungie introduces custom games. This Random Team Generator is a beast.

[image]

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:33 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

Tuesdays would be a lot better for me as well. That's when I usually do the nightfall anyway.

OMG It's happening?!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:06 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

IT'S HAPPENING!!! YES.

I've been jonesing for some Co-op night action for so long, it physically hurts!

Count me in!

This is such a lovely idea--and I LOVE that you are doing story + strike. I think that's the perfect balance for one night's playtime :)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 11:32 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

Won't be able to make it tonight. :(

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 12:45 (3497 days ago) @ Kermit

Down,

ChrisTheeCrappy. You should already have me.

I LOVE This!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 13:23 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

This sounds like a blast! Wednesdays are a usually busy for me, so I might not make it tonight, but if it becomes a regular Tuesday (or Thursday) thing, I could probably make it most weeks.

-Disciple

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 13:27 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

Sounds like fun! I'll be getting my xb1 on Friday (my primary platform is the PS4) so I certainly won't be ready for a while, but I'll be there, eventually!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 13:39 (3496 days ago) @ dogcow

Sounds like fun! I'll be getting my xb1 on Friday (my primary platform is the PS4) so I certainly won't be ready for a while, but I'll be there, eventually!

Other platforms aren't off the table, just so you know.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 15:06 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm in. squidNH3. Level 29 Hunter. I've yet to even do a Nightfall Strike in this game (actually not even the 28 Weekly), so it'd be nice to get one in before the grindpocalypse.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 18:01 (3496 days ago) @ squidnh3

Darn it, something just came up and I'll have to bow out for tonight. Hopefully I can join again sometime in the future.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 15:09 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

I've unfortunately already committed myself to a hard mode raid tonight so I probably won't make it. Generally, though, I'm in.

As far as my schedule goes, I can make Wednesdays just as often as anything else, but I think Tuesday makes sense if we're going to tackle Nightfall. Best to get it done early.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 17:08 (3496 days ago) @ stabbim

Scratch that. The thing I signed up for is postponed. I should be available.

by Laird, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 16:44 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm in, but no Mic.(Destiny really screws up the audio with astro a50's after about 30 minutes of playing.)

GT: Laird

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 16:58 (3496 days ago) @ Laird

I'm in, but no Mic.(Destiny really screws up the audio with astro a50's after about 30 minutes of playing.)

Are you running the latest firmware? My A50s have only given me major issues once and that just required me to re-sync with the transmitter to get the audio to stop cutting in and out. Most of the time, I just don't have game audio at all, but just need to pull up the Xbox One home screen and then go right back to Destiny. With that, though, I'm thinking it's more an Xbox issue than an issue with the headset.

-Disciple

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 19:31 (3496 days ago) @ Laird

What happened? I tried to invite you back in but no luck. Were you able to finish it?

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 16:47 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm in. I've got a 30 Warlock, 28 Titan, and 28 Hunter. I'll start with the Warlock, and bring the others in as time and additional players permit.

if you didn't finish...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 20:44 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd like to try again tomorrow night.

if you didn't finish...ot a Destiny only thing

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 09:31 (3496 days ago) @ Kermit

Not sure when I will be home tonight but yea we need to redo. And we were so close, that is what makes me so angry. I did the weekly regular and damn, it was just as hard at that end. I just luckily was able to hit him enough.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread