Buy from Vendors via Destiny App? (Destiny)

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 11:19 (3483 days ago)

Has Bungie ever discussed buying from vendors via the app? Whether for work or fun, I'm often out of town Fri - Sun. It'd be great to be able to sign in on my phone and purchase items from Xur. It could show up in the mailbox or something.

Buy from Vendors via Destiny App?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 11:47 (3483 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

That would be awesome. I also want the ability to move things in and out of the vault through the companion app so I don't have to go to the tower to do that. Alas, I think Bungie has other things they are focused on.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 11:52 (3483 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Has Bungie ever discussed buying from vendors via the app? Whether for work or fun, I'm often out of town Fri - Sun. It'd be great to be able to sign in on my phone and purchase items from Xur. It could show up in the mailbox or something.

It would be an expensive solution just for this purpose, but you could do that with a Vita.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:03 (3483 days ago) @ Kermit

Doesn't the vita still need to be within Bluetooth or wifi range of your PS4 to be able to remote play?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:31 (3483 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm not a Vita owner, but my understanding is that you can access your internet-connected PS4 from any wireless internet connection.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:38 (3483 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not a Vita owner, but my understanding is that you can access your internet-connected PS4 from any wireless internet connection.

Can someone confirm this? Cuz if so - holy crap I need to go buy a vita so I can sneak in some Destiny while at work (on my lunch break, of course)!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:41 (3483 days ago) @ Speedracer513

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:39 (3483 days ago) @ Kermit

"From any" is a bit optimistic, but I can usually get around the tower with a standard residential cable internet connection. No doubt it is dicey, though.

by Yapok @, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:03 (3483 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

A better solution would be to just let Xur be around all week...

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 13:31 (3483 days ago) @ Yapok

Agreed, better solution is all week Xur with 1 week timer for item resets.

by R41, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 13:57 (3483 days ago) @ Yapok

I kinda like the fact Xur is only around at weekends; it gives me something to work towards.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 14:06 (3483 days ago) @ R41

But if he is only around on weekends, why do they not leave him in the tower until Monday morning so I can work on earning something from him _all_ weekend.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 14:09 (3483 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It makes the Tower feel a little more dynamic, too!I think vendors should be showing up and moving on, like the Khajiit in Skyrim.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread