360 Noob Raid Reminder tonight @ 8pm EST! (Recruitment)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:05 (3495 days ago)

Hey 360 people, I know a couple of us can't make it, so if you're free, get on and help Oholiab and his scion get that raid! 8pm EST! 6pm MST! 5pm PST!

Gt's: Oholiab and OholiabII

Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:13 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

360 Noob Raid Reminder tonight @ 8pm EST!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:15 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Hey 360 people, I know a couple of us can't make it, so if you're free, get on and help Oholiab and his scion get that raid! 8pm EST! 6pm MST! 5pm PST!

I'm glad you posted this as I was just looking and noticing that it was uncertain whether he had a full team.

You folks really don't want me being the most experienced guardian there!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:16 (3495 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm glad you posted this as I was just looking and noticing that it was uncertain whether he had a full team.

I was just saying in another thread that I can at least start it with you guys if you need one more. Have to jump ship at 6:30 PST though.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:21 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I was just saying in another thread that I can at least start it with you guys if you need one more. Have to jump ship at 6:30 PST though.

Great, leave the hardest part for me. ;)

It's good that you reposted in that many people probably haven't set the forum order to order by last reply (which is the best order).

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:51 (3495 days ago) @ Kermit

You'll have me as well. It's a n00b raid though so I doubt we get to the end tonight.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 10:59 (3495 days ago) @ Kermit

many people probably haven't set the forum order to order by last reply (which is the best order).

Wait, where do you do that?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 11:03 (3495 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

many people probably haven't set the forum order to order by last reply (which is the best order).

Wait, where do you do that?

Press "order" at the top.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, December 05, 2014, 11:54 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'll be on the other 360 Raid of the night, but if I hop on a lot of time in advance, I could definitely help out. Also, if we manage to wrap it up (we're on Atheon right now) before you guys, I'll also be free to help out.

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 12:31 (3495 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'll be on the other 360 Raid of the night, but if I hop on a lot of time in advance, I could definitely help out. Also, if we manage to wrap it up (we're on Atheon right now) before you guys, I'll also be free to help out.

I suspect we will need all the help we can get! Although, Kermit probably counts for two....

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 12:32 (3495 days ago) @ Oholiab

I suspect we will need all the help we can get! Although, Kermit probably counts for two....

T1g3r is a mofo too. You guys should be fine.

Thanks

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 12:51 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

To be clear

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:18 (3495 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I offset my skills by charging in when it's really dumb to do so. :P

The striker titan is so perfect for my playstyle...

To be clear

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:23 (3495 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'mma start calling you L.J. whenever you do that.

To be clear

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:29 (3494 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I prefer the warlock from the end of this trailer.

To be clear

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:33 (3494 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I prefer the warlock from the end of this trailer.

If only we could edit that so she yells Leeroy as she jumps in.

To be clear

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:26 (3494 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Probably my favourite trailer of the lot. Loved the juxtaposition of "Sage Wizard" to "Thrill-seeking Crazy." Made me happy.

To be clear

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:42 (3494 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The striker titan is so perfect for my playstyle...

You and my son will get along well!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, December 05, 2014, 12:56 (3495 days ago) @ iconicbanana

T1g3r is a mofo too. You guys should be fine.

I have played with him before and I can back that statement up.

Keep calm, try to understand the mechanics as well as possible, above all, communicate, and you should be fine.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 12:55 (3495 days ago) @ Oholiab

Kermit and I will probably keep our mouths closed for the most part to give you guys a chance to puzzle out how things work. I'll probably call out things I might have noticed as a n00b. If you guys are getting confused or frustrated though we'll be happy to provide hints or straight-up explain things.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:31 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

And there was great laughter across the bungie.org realm... I'm a mediocre player at best, friend, but my armor, guns, and sunsinger should help. I've never been the most experienced player in a Raid, so this should be interesting if that turns out to be true this time.

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:44 (3494 days ago) @ Kermit

Whatever the case, it's gonna be fun, and the boy is really excited. Thanks for being willing to run and gun with some rookies!

Explanations are welcome and encouraged. Afterall, he's got a bedtime to keep.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:29 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

Whatever the case, it's gonna be fun, and the boy is really excited. Thanks for being willing to run and gun with some rookies!

Explanations are welcome and encouraged. Afterall, he's got a bedtime to keep.

I'll be a bit more loose with hints then. I still want to give you guys a chance to puzzle things out for yourselves though. I assume since it's all n00bs we won't be able to finish tonight anyway, but perhaps with some good hints along the way...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:19 (3494 days ago) @ Kermit

And there was great laughter across the bungie.org realm... I'm a mediocre player at best, friend, but my armor, guns, and sunsinger should help. I've never been the most experienced player in a Raid, so this should be interesting if that turns out to be true this time.

I've only done two raids so I think you'll be the most experienced this time Kermit. :)

BTW - I saw online a secret route after you find the first loot chest. I was thinking of going that way this time, but I don't think everyone will want to follow. Have you gone that way before?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:40 (3494 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I've only done two raids so I think you'll be the most experienced this time Kermit. :)

BTW - I saw online a secret route after you find the first loot chest. I was thinking of going that way this time, but I don't think everyone will want to follow. Have you gone that way before?

I probably have without realizing it. I've generally not been the engine of the train, especially during the spelunking. (<--Not a spoiler. I mean, this is Destiny--you've got to figure you'll enter a cave eventually, am I right?)

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:47 (3494 days ago) @ Kermit

I probably have without realizing it. I've generally not been the engine of the train, especially during the spelunking. (<--Not a spoiler. I mean, this is Destiny--you've got to figure you'll enter a cave eventually, am I right?)

Spoilers? Ha! My son has been watching VOG tutorials all week long in preparation for tonight!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 05, 2014, 15:07 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

Spoilers? Ha! My son has been watching VOG tutorials all week long in preparation for tonight!

Then he can lead us!

by HuskerAlpha, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:57 (3494 days ago) @ iconicbanana

If there is room, let me know and I can hop on and help out.

Connection issues

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:19 (3494 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Yep

by HuskerAlpha, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:22 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

Same here. looks like fate has once again pointed me to play either Titanfall or CoH2. Sorry :(

Yep

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:23 (3494 days ago) @ HuskerAlpha

Can't even sign in to Xbox live

All because Kermit had to download a system update :P

by HuskerAlpha, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:25 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

:(

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:27 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

Indeed.

by Laird, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:28 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

[image]

Murphey's Law defined

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:35 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

The one night we have to play the raid, XBL takes a dump.

We'll keep trying for a little bit. Thanks Husker, Laird, Up North, and Kermit for showing up!

Murphey's Law defined

by Up North 65 @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:39 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

Should have checked on here before I ran the Xbox and tv upstairs to plug directly into the modem. Thought the problem was on my end. Oh well, I'm free anytime usually and still am game tonight if it works out.

Nope, sad lonely people in a basement defined.

by Laird, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:46 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

The kiddos over at lizard squad are at it again DDOS'ing XBL.

https://twitter.com/LizardPatrol/status/541039035914145792

Those little shits

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:49 (3494 days ago) @ Laird

The kiddos over at lizard squad are at it again DDOS'ing XBL.

https://twitter.com/LizardPatrol/status/541039035914145792

Horrible.

Let us know if you get another night

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, December 05, 2014, 17:53 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

The one night we have to play the raid, XBL takes a dump.

We'll keep trying for a little bit. Thanks Husker, Laird, Up North, and Kermit for showing up!

Keep us posted if you plan another night, we'll get bodies in there. If anyone wants to run it tomorrow, I'll throw a thread up.

And if anybody ever wants to jump in to the Crucible some night too, let me know! Phisto and Chaos have been wanting to do another 6-man Controlathon. 15-game winning streaks will return!

XBL back up. Sorta. Trying again...

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 18:08 (3494 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Thanks to all who tried!

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 19:15 (3494 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Wasn't meant to be tonight. My son is really disappointed, but it's a good shepherding opportunity. We will try it again soon!

Thanks to all who tried!

by Up North 65 @, Friday, December 05, 2014, 19:26 (3494 days ago) @ Oholiab

Was going great right till the end there. Did you guys finish it?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread