The things they teach kids these days ... (Gaming)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 10:24 (3431 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Chewbaccawakka, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 10:27

I was 4 years old when my Mom bought me a NES and copy of Metroid. I've been playing video games ever since and have had the privilege of seeing the industry become what it is today. Though I don't have any kids, I've thought about how I would deal with my gaming hobby should I one day level up to being a father.

This experiment really speaks to what I would kind of like to do. Mostly I think kids should play games, but I, personally, think they should be older before playing some of the stuff I play today. Mostly due to the violence, gore, and sexual content of a lot of my favourite games.

By starting at the "beginning" of gaming with classic, if old, titles I think you get that nice progression over time to mature content.

All this to say, I really like what this fellow has done. Though it's for different reasons than mine, I appreciate seeing the outcome of pursuing so novel an idea. Well done, sir!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread