Destiny RP - Mission 1: Among The Waves (Gaming)

by Dan de Board @, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 20:01 (3391 days ago)

Hello everyone! I suggested the idea of using a generic roleplaying game system to play Destiny a few months ago and now that I've had some time to sit down and think about it some more I decided to go ahead with it. I thought we could try playing over Skype and if it works out well we could make this a regular thing.

If you're interested, pop me an email with your Skype name and I'll add you. I'm not sure if I want to take the series standard of three Guardians or maybe move it up to four or five. I recommend prospective players have a look at my Destiny Character Creation for Fate and to a lesser extent the Fate Accelerated Player's Handbook.

Your mission...

The awakening of Rasputin in Old Russia has enlightened us to many places here on Earth that we had lost after the Golden Age. One of these locations is the old city of Seattle on the western coast of North America. There are many legends about this city from its former inhabitants: some say that it is completely flooded, only it’s highest towers and mountains visible above the ocean; others say it was taken over by winged monstrosities that inhabit its tallest towers and will kill anything that dares enter its territory.

Less fantastical reports from the coastlines we control tell us of a Fallen House that raids our former coastal settlements. Their movement patterns indicate that they are coming from somewhere on North America’s west coast, and we believe that Seattle is their base of operations.

Few have been to North America in recent years, and I imagine that Seattle hasn’t been touched in centuries. We would like you to be the first on the ground: to explore it, map it and warn us of the dangers that we may face in this forgotten place.

Seattle was one of the many havens of knowledge in the Golden Age. Whatever knowledge is there, you must retrieve it and return it to the city so that we may analyze it, learn from it and protect it so that it will not be lost to us again.

May the Traveller’s Light be with you always.

I ask that all people who want to play have their characters ready for Monday, January 19th.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread