Crota in 3 Kneels (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 13, 2015, 00:10 (3411 days ago)

I've been experimenting with other combinations besides 3x or 4x R2 smashes, and while the supposed 5x smash does the most damage that is all but impossible to do reliably. The combo I've found works fairly well is to do the uppercut combo twice, and finish off with a smash:

http://destiny.isnotcanon.net/movies/Crota_3_Down_360.mov (SD)
http://destiny.isnotcanon.net/movies/Crota_3_Down_1080.mov (HD)

This was done on our normal mode run tonight, and as you can see it took Crota out in 3 kneels. That means if you down him 3 times on one sword, you could potentially kill him immediately. On hard mode, this combination works to take him down in 4 kneels, which means no ogres.

This video isn't even perfect, as I missed the slam on the first kneel.

It helps if you know your team, and know exactly when Crota's shields are going to drop. You have to start attacking before he starts to kneel, but after his shield is gone.

Next time I try this with the PS4 crew on normal, I'd love to go for 3 downs on the first sword and rock him in one round. Why not finish off flawless raider that way?

Video from CruelLEGACEY's perspective

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 06:17 (3411 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nothing like hearing the sound of your own voice...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:19 (3411 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...to make you feel self-conscious.

*Cyber-KN dances*

Huh...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:26 (3411 days ago) @ CyberKN

I had no idea the PS4 video capture would also pull in our voice chat (it never has before). I guess it's because everyone changed their settings to make sure their voices came through the broadcast. We'll have to keep that in mind for the future... Good to know we can include voice chat or not, depending on what we want to capture.

First thing I'm doing when I get home:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 13, 2015, 12:38 (3411 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Reducing the sensitivity on my microphone. Clikkity-Clack. Clikkity-Clack. Clikkity-Clack.

How has no-one mentioned this to me? It's driving me insane, watching the Twitch VOD from last night.

I never realized it was you! Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 12:43 (3411 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:17 (3411 days ago) @ CyberKN

Reducing the sensitivity on my microphone. Clikkity-Clack. Clikkity-Clack. Clikkity-Clack.

How has no-one mentioned this to me? It's driving me insane, watching the Twitch VOD from last night.

lol I swear I told you last time I played with you. Maybe you thought it was theechaos instead?

It's really funny because you speak so softly into the mic, but your hands, they speak loud!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:58 (3410 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's kind of comforting in a way.

Looks like the way to do it!

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, February 13, 2015, 07:22 (3411 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread