So...My Xbox One Can't Connect To Xbox Live. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 18:15 (3361 days ago) @ Morpheus

If you're unable to assign the wired connection, it could mean that there is no physical link present on the wired connection. Ethernet devices typically have lights next to the ports to show whether a link is active - I don't remember whether there's a light on the back of the XBone, but your router (or whatever it's plugged into) almost certainly has lights to indicate if something's connected on each port.

If there is no link present, try re-seating both ends of the cable (unplug it and plug back in). The point of this is to make sure it's actually making contact. If that doesn't work, try moving to another port on the router or try a different cable.

If you're trying to connect wirelessly then I'd imagine the console isn't seeing your wireless network. Can it see any others (assuming there ARE any others)? If it can't see any then the problem's pretty likely with the console itself, but if it's seeing other networks (but not yours), reboot the router, even if other devices are still working.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread