idk about PS2

by Cold, Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:45 (4053 days ago) @ electricpirate

My first experience in larger scale fps games was Renegade. Friends and I killed that game, no scoping Sakuras, ob-walking, flame rushes, stealth blackhand ped runs.... /flashback. Renegade also had a very good ladder system/leaderboard for its time.

Anyway...Renegade eventually got overran by modders, MRL glitches and so on and so forth. From there, some of us went to Planetside, thinking it would be a nice transition. It wasn't. There was no sense of community, in part do to the massive worlds I believe (weird). I remember playing for hours and feeling like I accomplished nothing. It was a seemingly never ending ebb and flow. And that, for me, was a bad thing. I like things ending, wether it be a 12min match, a 2 hour standoff, or a 200 hour campaign. And now I'm ranting on a game I don't even remember all that well, I just get a sour taste in my mouth anytime I hear it mentioned with Destiny :(.

**This mindless 5 minute reply was a welcome distraction from looking blankly at a review guide for an exam I will inevitably be annihilated by tomorrow. W/e your doing tomorrow, smile for me when you realize you are not getting falcon punched by words on a piece of paper.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread