New Marathon

by Avateur @, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:44 (4023 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Avateur, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:47

I feel like the creation of a new Marathon would really only sell due to nostalgia and has a high potential for failure for the reasons you just stated. The games rock. Infinity just gets even more complex, the level design is wonderful and at times very difficult, and the entire dynamic is challenging. I just don't see the level design or outright creativity working, especially with Bungie focusing on this ten year plan for Destiny with DLC every year and so on and so forth.

To tie back to my first sentence, I feel like it might not get the right attention in its creation process, like it might just be a shoehorned and forced product for nostalgia's sake. It's almost like they'd be trying to fit another game into a universe that, while still having plenty of places to go and information to tap into, was concluded quite well at the end of the trilogy.

I'm sure it would sell, so I'm not really talking about it being a success or failure from a sales standpoint, but wouldn't it be a shame for there to be a new title in the series that hardly lives up to the previous three? Why risk it and Marathon's legacy? It'd be fairly tragic to see you make a marathon.isnotcanon, Cody. :P

Edit: Unless they can pull a Pixar (sitting on Toy Story for so long and then making Toy Story 3) and create something so well thought through and magnicifently produced that it just blows everyone away and is a masterpiece of not just story but also gameplay design and gameplay itself, why chance it or do it just because they can?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread