My Bungie Tour (Off-Topic)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, April 03, 2015, 21:54 (3327 days ago) @ unoudid

Back in 2005 I was contacted by Mark A., who was a Microsoft recruiter, regarding a development position with the Mac Business Unit. MS flew me out to Seattle where I met with various MacBU team members. While meeting with Mark in his office I was surprised to see a framed, large, & shiny Halo 2 poster (perhaps with signatures in silver... I'm not positive, memory fades), I asked him about it and he mentioned that he also handled recruitment for Bungie. My jaw hit the floor. One thing led to another and he pointed out which building Bungie was in. IIRC it was north of the main MS campus & east of Mark's location. He got me my visitors tag and explained how to use it and that it would get me into various buildings. My mind raced, could I walk into Bungie on my own, maybe Mark could call someone to give me a little looksee. That afternoon/evening I drove my rental car past the Bungie building, turned around and pulled into the parking lot. As I was pulling into the parking lot I caught a glimpse of a curly haired man in a blue(?) convertible. Wait, was that Jaime Griesemer? He quickly pulled out of the parking lot and I didn't get a second look, dang. Oh well. I then pulled into a stall, sat there for a second and then promptly chickened out and left the premises. I didn't even walk into the foyer. Neither did I follow up with Mark about getting a peek in Bungie, and I didn't get the job either. (I suspect I'm not a very good interviewee and I was super nervous). Anyway, Bungie had a pretty decent parking lot with plenty of cars.

Anyway, moral of the story is... I bet you could get a tour just like I did! ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread