BWU 04/09/2015 (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 22:37 (3315 days ago) @ CyberKN

The special ammo change is a major buzzkill. My shotgun craves blood, what am I supposed to do, give it tomato juice? Seriously though, less ammo crates, and the ones that do spawn will spawn less often, and when I do happen to find one intact, I'll have to wait longer to get my ammo, and after all that I'll get less ammo? I don't think there's a problem with special ammo as it stands-- partly because, as stated, my shotgun wants to keep your Ghost in a job, and partly because Ice Breaker, Invective, and various special weapons that can gain ammo on spawn make it something of a moot point to limit ammo. Even with that in mind, I could've gotten behind one of these changes, and I would've been OK with two, but all four, together? This really feels like overkill. (or I guess that would be underkill? either way it's still a buzzkill)
Gear locking is nice. I've only sharded maybe three things I wanted to keep and none of them were legendary or exotic, but now I'll... be more safe, I guess?
The helmet thing is nicer. I do wonder, if it was simple like they said, why they didn't change it in the last 8 months, and I still would like to wear a hood with no helmet, but it's an improvement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread