Maybe I'm behind but...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, April 03, 2013, 09:12 (4013 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I have some theories on Osiris, though I find it curious that the actual Eye of Horus wasn't used. I'm sure all the baggage that comes with it is something Bungle wanted to avoid, but then why use the name in the first place?

Couple thoughts regarding that: Osiris being the god of the afterlife and the dead, and not just the dead, but the idea of renewal after death, I'm going to guess we're probably looking at some force that may have "stamped us out", all the way back to our home system and homeworld, and Staten's quote about the art direction concept of "nature ascendant" may have something to do with that. A purging of sorts back to a natural state. Similar to the Reapers in Mass Effect. I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and further speculate that the other races we've found have invaded our system are running from the same thing.

But, what about the Traveller, and the Fallen, in particular? We see hovering spheres in the Traveller itself, associated with the Fallen in the first image we got, and also associated with the Warlock in concept art. If I had to guess there, maybe the Fallen were favored at one time by whatever forces are behind the existence of the Traveler, and have since Fallen out of favor? (Yuk, yuk). Between the Onyx Pyramid ships and these examples, we can call it the War of Basic Shapes.

I also think you're probably right regarding New Monarchy and the Queen of the Reef.

~M

Edit: or they just stole the technology, being Spider Pirates, and all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread