The Last Word from a Legendary engram? (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:19 (3347 days ago)

I believe I just made a sound that only dogs can hear.

The Last Word from a Legendary engram?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:23 (3347 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Learn how to master it, and you will destroy in crucible.

Or.....

Be like me and miss every single round and die reloading. I'll take my Thorn over Last Word.

The Last Word from a Legendary engram?

by Raflection, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 14:52 (3347 days ago) @ red robber

Thorn 1
The last word 0

Isn't Thorn better anyway?

by Monochron, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 14:56 (3347 days ago) @ red robber

Looking at the stats I always thought that Thorn was way better anyway. You have to be sure to land every shot to get the 3 or 2 hit kills, but that still looks more deadly than Last Word to me...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:03 (3347 days ago) @ Monochron

Looking at the stats I always thought that Thorn was way better anyway. You have to be sure to land every shot to get the 3 or 2 hit kills, but that still looks more deadly than Last Word to me...

I beat Thorn wielders on a regular basis in 1v1 shootouts. (I lose to them sometimes, too - but it feels like the balance is in my favor.)

The speed with which TLW kills means I can get off 4 shots to their 2 and duck behind cover - they're dead, I'm recovering.

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:13 (3347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

TTK on The Last Word is pretty damn short. Range (and aim/movement skill, of course) is what decides which is best.

Only when you're out of TLW's range.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:26 (3347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I beat Thorn wielders on a regular basis in 1v1 shootouts. (I lose to them sometimes, too - but it feels like the balance is in my favor.)

The speed with which TLW kills means I can get off 4 shots to their 2 and duck behind cover - they're dead, I'm recovering.

Sniper range->pulse rifle range: Thorn Beats Everything.
Pulse rifle range->shotgun range: TLW Beats Everything.

Okay, I'll buy this.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:05 (3347 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sniper range->pulse rifle range: Thorn Beats Everything.
Pulse rifle range->shotgun range: TLW Beats Everything.

I do my best to stay out of sniper range of anything unless I have a sniper rifle in my hands, though... so this caveat hardly applies (to me). :)

main class?

by Raflection, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:29 (3347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

main class?

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 21:58 (3347 days ago) @ Raflection

Do you mean the main class I play? (Titan.)

Or something else?

Only when you're out of TLW's range.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, April 20, 2015, 20:49 (3346 days ago) @ iconicbanana

This is how I approach TLW. I'll run TLW + Shotgun/Sniper on smaller maps and Thorn + Sniper on mid to large maps.

by Monochron, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:03 (3347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hhm, I might have to try out some more Crucible then. I just my Last Word leveled enough that the recoil isn't a killer anymore so maybe I'll be able to take on those Thorn poisoning jerks now.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 18:35 (3347 days ago) @ Monochron

TLW has the shortest TTK in the game for any
primary weapon (not counting NLB and UR of course). It's actually not as bad at range as people act like it is, but yeah against a Thorn you'll probably lose at long range.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread