Ascendant/Radiant Materials Don't Matter Anymore? (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:25 (3341 days ago)

Unless I'm mistaken I don't see anything that says you need Ascendant/Radiant Materials to upgrade armor and weapons anymore. So are they going to be useful just for trading for other materials now via the Speaker? Let me know if you see something I'm missing.

You mightta just blown my mind

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:28 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

I didn't really notice one way or the other... I guess I'll watch the stream for the third time now!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:30 (3341 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I didn't really notice one way or the other... I guess I'll watch the stream for the third time now!

And if this is true the par that confuses me is, why would you trade ascendant shards for ascendant energy?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:39 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

And if this is true the par that confuses me is, why would you trade ascendant shards for ascendant energy?

Perhaps to upgrade older gear that still requires ascendant materials?

Ascendant Materials Don't matter Anymore?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:30 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

Are they not still used in the standard process of leveling up new Legendary gear?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:32 (3341 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Are they not still used in the standard process of leveling up new Legendary gear?

Gear is now leveled up by the new Ascend mechanic (which doesn't require them), there are no damage/defense bubbles anymore, and the perk bubbles don't look to require them. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are used on old gear you have still that's not upgraded, but eventually that will be a thing of the past.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:41 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

If true, it's a great move. Can you imagine how many different type of shards/energy there would be 9 years from now if they introduced a new type for every expansion?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:54 (3341 days ago) @ Kalamari

We'll still be getting them from VoG and Crota, unless they make big changes to the loot tables. With the exchange, we have a good source for motes and glimmer.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:59 (3341 days ago) @ bluerunner

We'll still be getting them from VoG and Crota, unless they make big changes to the loot tables. With the exchange, we have a good source for motes and glimmer.

Yeah this was my initial thought. But I wonder if they are preparing to phase them out, maybe in the next expansion/comet. (I don't think anyone would complain)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:59 (3341 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:04

With the exchange, we have a good source for motes and glimmer.

So what you're saying is, I can buy capes more easily?

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:04 (3341 days ago) @ iconicbanana

After they said the vendor stocks were getting a reset, I started wondering if the Speaker would have new items. I would love to see some new cloaks, especially some blue and silver ones.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:06 (3341 days ago) @ bluerunner

After they said the vendor stocks were getting a reset, I started wondering if the Speaker would have new items. I would love to see some new cloaks, especially some blue and silver ones.

[image]

He shouldn't have a shop.

by scarab @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:29 (3341 days ago) @ bluerunner

He has political power and a shop that sells the best luxury-wear whilst his nearest rival stands at the end of a corridor and has nothing of interest to sell. It's wrong.

He should have one job not two.

Actually, forget that. The guy just creeps me out. If we could have talked to him I would have stood with my back to him, held up two fingers behind my back; the Traveller could see my fingers but not the Speaker. Then I'd ask the Speaker how many fingers I was holding up.

I just don't trust a guy who claims to speak for something that can't even blink its eyes to contradict him...

"The Speaker is telling me that I should be the only one that sells the best gear. And he wants me to have a bath made of gold, and ermine sheets. Oh and Eva Levante gets to work in a corridor next to a puddle."

The City society is corrupt and backward. I wonder if the gunsmith got his job because he claimed to speak for the magic tree in front of his shop.

At least the Traveller once actually did things but does it really talk to the Speaker? Has anyone done double blind experiments to find out?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:38 (3341 days ago) @ scarab

At least the Traveller once actually did things but does it really talk to the Speaker? Has anyone done double blind experiments to find out?

No, but I asked him what the Traveler was thinking about and he told me "How crazy low my cloak prices are!"

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:41 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

No, but I asked him what the Traveler was thinking about and he told me "How crazy low my cloak prices are!"

Not crazy low enough, if you ask me.

Depose the Speaker; impeach that crook! Cape prices slashed!

by scarab @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 19:20 (3341 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The City need fair trade and an open economy.

And while I'm at it - let's not kill all the Fallen who mine for glimmer. Sell mining rights; tax them. They get glimmer, we get glimmer. Everybody wins. And while they have their backs turned, confiscate a glimmer drill and find out how it works. That was Eva's idea, she told me last night.

Eva for mayor!

Depose the Speaker; impeach that crook! Cape prices slashed!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, April 24, 2015, 19:23 (3341 days ago) @ scarab

Eva for mayor!

I dunno man. She's one shady character...

*Groan*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 19:28 (3341 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

No Capes!

by Durandal, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:06 (3341 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

Until the next expansion...

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:48 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

Unless I'm mistaken I don't see anything that says you need Ascendant/Radiant Materials to upgrade armor and weapons anymore. So are they going to be useful just for trading for other materials now via the Speaker? Let me know if you see something I'm missing.

...when they change everything again.

But seriously, you're probably right. It seems unlikely that the new armor upgrade bubbles will require ascendant/radiants, but we haven't seen them yet. Based on the weapons, they will probably be glimmer/planetary mats/etheric light.

They matter, just not like they used to. /end thread

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:07 (3341 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread