He shouldn't have a shop. (Destiny)

by scarab @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:29 (3341 days ago) @ bluerunner

He has political power and a shop that sells the best luxury-wear whilst his nearest rival stands at the end of a corridor and has nothing of interest to sell. It's wrong.

He should have one job not two.

Actually, forget that. The guy just creeps me out. If we could have talked to him I would have stood with my back to him, held up two fingers behind my back; the Traveller could see my fingers but not the Speaker. Then I'd ask the Speaker how many fingers I was holding up.

I just don't trust a guy who claims to speak for something that can't even blink its eyes to contradict him...

"The Speaker is telling me that I should be the only one that sells the best gear. And he wants me to have a bath made of gold, and ermine sheets. Oh and Eva Levante gets to work in a corridor next to a puddle."

The City society is corrupt and backward. I wonder if the gunsmith got his job because he claimed to speak for the magic tree in front of his shop.

At least the Traveller once actually did things but does it really talk to the Speaker? Has anyone done double blind experiments to find out?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread