Start a hunter, or wait? (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 13:47 (3349 days ago)

So I need to max out a hunter in order to complete my destiny achievements and I have a third slot open, but I'm not sure if I should start one now or wait until HoW releases. Any recommendations?

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to spend leveling the char up in the next few weeks, but that will probably still be true even after HoW comes out. House of Wolves gear looks to require less mats to upgrade but I could spend time in the next few gathering those I would need. If I wait I would also have less time to do the new story on my older characters.

I'd say do it now

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 13:50 (3349 days ago) @ CougRon

And store blue armor engrams you get with your other characters, for them.

Sapphire Wire will be annoyingly scarce, if it's anything like my experience.

Start a hunter, or wait?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 13:51 (3349 days ago) @ CougRon

I would take the time to complete the story missions now personally. The time it takes will not lessen when HoW comes out, and at least you'll be 20 (or close to it) which then will make leveling up past that easier after HoW comes out.

Start a hunter, or wait?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 14:41 (3349 days ago) @ Xenos

I agree with Xenos. Do all the story missions and strikes to get to level 20, but then wait until HoW to start leveling any legendar gear.

Do note his comment on sapphire wire.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 14:52 (3349 days ago) @ Xenos

After the DLC, we will need fewer upgrade materials, so don't waste them unless you have to.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 14:58 (3349 days ago) @ Funkmon

After the DLC, we will need fewer upgrade materials, so don't waste them unless you have to.

Yeah, you should be good until 20 though, most blue items don't take much.

by DreadPirateWes, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 00:26 (3349 days ago) @ Xenos

Don't spend any wire on blues!

Hunter started.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:32 (3349 days ago) @ CougRon

Well I already half-convinced myself before I finished writing up the post and all your posts have convinced me to go ahead and start. Going through that first 'tutorial' mission is amazing, especially the game mechanics that happen that you never see anywhere in the game again. (Fallen crawling along the walls, crouching through trip mines, flares)

Anybody wanting to co-op with me so I can do they higher XP levels?

Hunter started.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 01:38 (3349 days ago) @ CougRon

Would, but I can't seem to join your games.

As for fallen crawling on walls, they do do it later, but not very often. For example, in the last Earth mission, right before you get to the control area for the array and have to defend it, a vandal climbs out of the ceiling and down a pillar.

But the trip mines, yeah, almost never see those. They were clearly just put in to get you to learn how to crouch and jump and stuff, but I think it would be neat to see them implemented in further strikes.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread