Sword Art Online (Off-Topic)

by Quirel, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 18:55 (3306 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

• ...If you had the option to enter a game world like this one, would you?
  • ...Would you prefer a Fantasy themed one? Or Space Opera?
  • ...What would you do if you found yourself accidentally trapped in a game like this?

-No.
Look, even if I didn't have stuff I plan to do in the real world one of these days, imagine how boring it would get playing Halo multiplayer forever. Even if it's an MMO bigger than WoW, there's only so much content to play.

Are we limited to the game mechanics? I'd hope not, because I can't think of a single MMO that would let me goof off by, say, disassembling old keyboards or browsing used bookstores. Should we imagine that this MMO has the size and fidelity of the Matrix?

What does death mean if we are trapped? Teleportation to homebase and free healing? Loss of memories or cognitive ability as an XP penalty? Perma-delete?

-In order of genres, from most desired to no thanks:

-If I was trapped in a game this way? Simple: I'd gather people who know how to hack the system (Making them wizards, really) and set about cracking the system to create new accounts. Meanwhile, we offer a service to keep a library of memories. If you are ever glitched, hacked, or deleted, we simply restore you from backup.

Once we have a library of the best fighters, best pilots, best engineers, and best strategists in the game, we launch Phase Two of our master plan. The operational plan is right here in this folder titled "The Clone Wars."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread