Any DBOers in Chicago, or between Chicago and Detroit? (Off-Topic)

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 23:43 (3303 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by Funkmon, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 23:51

I will! Thanks for the well wishes!

You know, I feel a real connection to Paramore I don't with other bands. Not because I know Hayley Williams like I know Avril Lavigne (I don't), and not because they're from my hometown and I've loved them my whole life, like Bob Seger and Ted Nugent (they're not, and I haven't), but because we grew up together, sorta.

Hayley is a year older than me, so we were both just kids when I first saw them at the 2005 Warped Tour. I saw them at the next one, then again in 2007 with Jimmy Eat World. By this time, Misery Business had come out and I thought they hit it big. I was able to see them on their headlining tour (stealing my parents' car to do so and getting me kicked out of the house for two weeks) in 2007, and I haven't missed a concert tour since then.

I didn't have very strong feelings about their first album, they were just a band I liked. Then their second album, Riot! came out, and I loved them. Every record they seemed to have a bigger song and more success. I thought they were big with Misery Business, then I thought they were big with Decode, then I thought they couldn't get any bigger than The Only Exception, and boom, now they have Still Into You and Ain't It Fun. I can't wait to see what they do next, but no matter how big they become, they're still going to be those dudes performing on the dumpy stage at Warped Tour who signed my and like 3 other teenagers' records, at least to me.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread