AusGamers article

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 18:51 (3999 days ago)

I really enjoyed the AusGamers article that was frontpaged today. I especially liked this quote from Chris:

“As story builders and world creators, also, sure we may have ideas of what may happen in 10 years, but we also want to see what people do in this [world],” he enthuses. “We want the world to evolve as well. So we’re going to continue to evolve that world and, sure, if certain things happen in that world or players do certain things in the game, we’re absolutely going to react to that down the road in the world we continue to build.”

Followed by a related quote by Joe:

“The story that evolves out of a competitive multiplayer match is different to the kind of story that we want to tell in a more campaign mode,” he reveals. “But the critical thing that’s new for us—at least, and really new for shooters, I believe, and someone correct me if it’s not—is that your character really will go; it will journey through all of these different modes. So the legend that you’re building, you’ll have stuff that you got out of the campaign, you’ll have stuff that you earnt from competitive multiplayer, and it will all be part of this common character that’s you in the world.”

I love how much emphasis they are putting on us as players impacting the world and game they are creating.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread