Xur's junk: Veil, Radar, Skullfort, Truth, glove engram. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 07:53 (3329 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Friday, May 15, 2015, 07:59

Funkmon's opinion:

Apotheosis Veil:

Meh. Buy it if you have the coins and don't have it already.

Knucklehead radar:

I use this one a lot on my hunter. It's a great set it and forget it exotic where you get extra super energy for minion killing, plus radar. Good for PVP and PVE. Buy it for sure.

Insurmountable Skullfort:

Decent. Kind of a weird helmet without much going on, but has niche uses. Buy it if you have spare coins. The roll's terrible if you care. (I don't.)

Truth:

100% buy if you have trouble with rockets in PVP. Even though it will kill you constantly in PVE due to proximity detonation and it does almost no damage, it tracks more aggressively than other rockets for PVP. A godsend for those rocket kills if you have a decent non exotic primary.

Glove:

Most of the gloves in the game suck except for DTM and Ruin Wings. If you're hoping for one of those, buy the engram. If not, don't waste the motes.

BTW: He has the red sparrow upgrade.

Xur's junk: Veil, Radar, Skullfort, Truth, glove engram.

by Durandal, Friday, May 15, 2015, 11:26 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

Truth is a decent rocket launcher. It holds 3 rounds, has proximity detection, high speed and super tracking. Raw DPS is substandard to launchers with submunitions like Hunger of Crota and GH (but everything is worse then the GH). However it is aces in PVP, and no slouch in PVE. Tell those teleporting minotaurs to suck it with some void tracking damage. Wipe whole control points with one tracking shot.

by Jironimo ⌂, Friday, May 15, 2015, 12:13 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

Truth:

Even though it will kill you constantly in PVE due to proximity detonation and it does almost no damage

You guys are kidding me right? It has maxed damage, yes it won't do the same AOE damage because it lacks the cluster bombs or wolfpack rounds, but the initial impact is stronger than Gjallarhorn or any other rocket with cluster bombs. If you need to take out something quickly with a single shot there's no better option. I find it's actually better against Crota because the rocket gets there quicker and the initial explosion takes him down quicker without waiting for the wolfpack rounds of Gjallarhorn which are normally "immune" by the time they actually hit.

Don't pass this up, 2nd best RL in the game.

Are we talking about the same gun?

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:41 (3328 days ago) @ Jironimo

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:15 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

Hey, in the Truth's defense it is easily the best Void Exotic.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:13 (3328 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Hey, in the Truth's defense it is easily the best Void Exotic.

[image]

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:15 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Wait a second. Why don't we have 2 main-game shotgun exotics? We have of everything else, no?

Universal remote and Invective. Only 1 scout rifle tho

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:24 (3328 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

We get 2 in HoW though if we get Fate of All Fools

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:26 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Universal Remote is a good point

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:28 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

I wonder if it was meant to have Void damage.

Minor Correction

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:27 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

The app shows a red drive, but when I went to buy two (oh I've been waiting for one for so long) he's selling the void drive (purple) and plasma drive (that looks blueish from the icon).

Really? Weird.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:38 (3328 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

It changed with the update.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:59 (3328 days ago) @ red robber

It also changed the rolls on the armor.

So with the upgrade pushed out...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 15, 2015, 15:11 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, May 15, 2015, 15:23

Does that mean that Xur inventory has been changed? (Which would be a bummer since I was looking forward to upgrading the Crest of Alpha Lupi with a strength of 168.)

Edit: Some one post the new rolls please. >_> *sigh*

Edit 2:

It looks like Xur's weekly offerings have changed slightly since Destiny's 1.2 patch went live earlier today. The roll on An Insurmountable Skullfort now has a max discipline of 125 — a significant improvement — while Knucklehead Radar has a strength bonus of 103 and Apotheosis Veil has a discipline bonus of 111. Polygon

Edit 3: Megathread on Reddit Updated

HUNT THE TRUTH

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 15, 2015, 15:14 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

Truth:

100% buy if you have trouble with rockets in PVP. Even though it will kill you constantly in PVE due to proximity detonation and it does almost no damage, it tracks more aggressively than other rockets for PVP. A godsend for those rocket kills if you have a decent non exotic primary.

Pfft. You'll only die if you shoot at enemies right next to you! I have not died once by mine own Truth.

Speaking of, if any of you need proof of how badass Truth is, check this out.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Morpheus414/video/449716#

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread