1.2.0 patch goes live today! (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:17 (3328 days ago)

starting update now.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:22 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Seen forum posts that people are getting prompted to update, so I decided to try that new remote on feature that the smartglass app updated with yesterday. Don't see the prompts since I'm not in front of my tv but I think I got it doing the title update. When destiny becomes launch able I'll then start it up for the content download. Doing it blind so I might get stuck on a input prompt but if all goes well it should all be downloaded the next time I'm at my tv.

It is live! Patch notes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:40 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

The Patch is live, patch notes.

Queen's Emissary is in the tower!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:50 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

Queen's Wrath is back!

Woo! That's a surprise!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:51 (3328 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

So many fixes! It's glorious!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:53 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Praise the patch! Praise It!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:59 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

All hail the patch gods, for they are merciful

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:00 (3328 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

\o/

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:21 (3328 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

Wololo!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:29 (3328 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

** two weeks later ** "DESTINY'S BORING AGAIN GUYS"

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:09 (3328 days ago) @ iconicbanana

ib4

It is live! Patch notes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:14 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

What does it mean when it says Hive and Oracle disruptor trigger more often? I thought they triggered every time you hit a major or an oracle…

It is live! Patch notes

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:15 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What does it mean when it says Hive and Oracle disruptor trigger more often? I thought they triggered every time you hit a major or an oracle…

Yeah, that part confused me a little as well...(?)

It is live! Patch notes

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:16 (3328 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Nope. Every time you hit a major/oracle, you had a % chance to do extra damage, dependant on that weapon's Rate of fire.

You guys seriously didn't notice this?

It is live! Patch notes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:18 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

No, I never filled in Hive Disruptor… and numbers pop up so fast with corrective measure you can't tell what's bonus damage.

It is live! Patch notes

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:19 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Nope. Every time you hit a major/oracle, you had a % chance to do extra damage, dependant on that weapon's Rate of fire.

No. I don't look at the numbers each time I pull the trigger, and the Hive Disrupter perk says "Increase damage to Hive Majors" - not that it has a "chance" to.

It is live! Patch notes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:19 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

It wasn't random though, it had a cooldown is all.

Hmm, not really, but I wasn't paying much attention

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:30 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Suddenly all this talk of "small chance of doing extra damage to Fallen enemies" makes a lot more sense.

It is live! Patch notes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:16 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I believe this was mainly on fast firing weapons if I recall correctly. Weapons would do a large amount of extra damage instead of per hit. This is all from my memory though which can be faulty.

This stuff all looks great!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:09 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

No more Shards from Legendary engrams or packages? Woohoo! :D

Important - DO NOT decrypt legendary engrams until Tuesday

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:14 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

As mentioned in the notes, and on twitter, the Cryptarch doesn't know what to do with them so they won't turn into anything. Tuesday it should not only work again, but will be giving new stuff -- and guaranteed not to be shards/energy!

Or...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:34 (3327 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Actually if the experience ZackDark and I had earlier is any indication, it's more like you just can't decrypt them. He and I each had an engram in our inventory that didn't actually show up when visiting the Cryptarch. We'd get the green indicator to visit him, but there was nothing available to decrypt.

One thing to note: both of those engrams were blue, not purple. So either the patch notes forgot to mention that blues are included, or something else is going on and this actually isn't related. Until I see the same thing happen with a purple, I can't say for sure.

Can you see it in the Destiny app?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 22:27 (3327 days ago) @ stabbim

I got an engram from an Ether chest today that shows as "CLASSIFIED" in my Destiny Companion app. I have not been able to go to the tower yet so I don't know if it's the same thing

Can you see it in the Destiny app?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 23:01 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

No, it seems to be a normal engram in the app. But... aren't you on the beta/preview version? I'm not.

This stuff all looks great!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:17 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Once again all signs point to shards and energy being obsolete (except exotic of course)! Super exciting!

Hold on a second

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:21 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

Once again all signs point to shards and energy being obsolete (except exotic of course)! Super exciting!

Just watched a guy burn a bunch of commendations to get faction packages- and he got a bunch MORE crucible commendations, as well as shards.

Am I missing something?

Hold on a second

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:22 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Just watched a guy burn a bunch of commendations to get faction packages- and he got a bunch MORE crucible commendations, as well as shards.

Am I missing something?

Sounds like a glitch haha! If it's true, abuse incoming...

Hold on a second

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:27 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Am I missing something?

LOL infinite rep! Keep rolling til you get that shader or other item you wanted haha

Hold on a second

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:29 (3328 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Am I missing something?

LOL infinite rep! Keep rolling til you get that shader or other item you wanted haha

You only get 1 commendation per package, and it's at 6-7 commendations burned to rank up.

I think I get why it's happening now though- All the old vendor gear is still present, and still needs commendations to buy.

Hold on a second

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:33 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

I think I get why it's happening now though- All the old vendor gear is still present, and still needs commendations to buy.

...actually, nope! From 1.2.0 patch notes:

Tower
* Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
* The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
* Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
* Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
* Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

Hold on a second

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:37 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

...actually, nope! From 1.2.0 patch notes:

Tower
* Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
* The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
* Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
* Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
* Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

...Except if you go to the tower right now, you still need commendations to buy gear.

Hold on a second

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:40 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Then I would say this is definitely unintended.

Hold on a second

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 15:01 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

Or they meant you don't need commendations to buy HoW gear.

Hold on a second

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 15:05 (3328 days ago) @ bluerunner

Or they meant you don't need commendations to buy HoW gear.

If that were true I believe they would've put the change in the 1.2.0.1 notes instead.

Hold on a second

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:37 (3327 days ago) @ CyberKN

Exactly - they have enabled the function to burn commendations for rep, but have NOT removed the commendations from the reward packages. The two changes are logically related, but that doesn't necessarily mean they MUST happen at the same time. Probably they won't get removed from the packages until HoW actually drops.

Hold on a second

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:29 (3328 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Did he get more than he started with, or just one every time he ranked up? If only every time he ranked up, then he needed 8-10 spent to get one back.

Does the nightfall rep boost work on these when you turn then in?

312 per.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:37 (3328 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Hold on a second

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 15, 2015, 14:38 (3328 days ago) @ bluerunner

Did he get more than he started with, or just one every time he ranked up? If only every time he ranked up, then he needed 8-10 spent to get one back.

True, I was just making fun of the situation. I thought that commendations would be going away completely? If not, then I guess I would look at them like a coupon or something.

"Rank up one time and get a 250 points towards your next rank!"

Does the nightfall rep boost work on these when you turn then in?

I don't think so.

Hold on a second

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:35 (3327 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Not true, unless somehow one commendation can bring you up a rank,

Is material exchange on delay until Tuesday?

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:04 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:33 (3328 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Seems the tower hasn't been updated yet if material exchange is also not working. Curious.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:35 (3328 days ago) @ Xenos

Seems the tower hasn't been updated yet if material exchange is also not working. Curious.

So far, they're less like patch notes and more like patch "suggestions".

"They're more like guidelines."

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:36 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Heavy Pike......

by Monochron, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:12 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

GODDAMNIT, MONOCHRON.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:13 (3328 days ago) @ Monochron
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:24

JUKE GRENADES?!?!

WHY AM I AT WORK. WHY.

Quit. It's the right thing to do.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:14 (3328 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

.gif

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:53 (3328 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

Warning: If you are at work, get off the internet.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:16 (3328 days ago) @ Monochron

Because Hype.

Now you tell me.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:17 (3328 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's shoots grenades while you juke. GRENADES. WHILE. YOU. JUKE.

Haven't gotten any work done in an hour

by Monochron, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:33 (3328 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Am shit employee!

Shader previewer updated.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:40 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

They've updated with the new shaders that have been found. I really want that Judgement Cast.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character

I'm nervous

by Monochron, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:41 (3328 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Destiny was crashing for me last night (Kicking me to Xbox home screen). I even got a disc read error at one point.

This is not a good time to have a failing Xbox GUISE!!!!
GUYS! . . . GUIS!!!!!

Patch Notes have been updated - Inaccuracies fixed

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:37 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:02 (3327 days ago) @ CyberKN

The Faction and other Tower stuff has been moved to the Hotfix section, but I thought there were already reports of people dismantling Commendations for Rep? Is that active, but the rest not? Anyone in game checked?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:09 (3327 days ago) @ Mid7night

The Faction and other Tower stuff has been moved to the Hotfix section, but I thought there were already reports of people dismantling Commendations for Rep? Is that active, but the rest not? Anyone in game checked?

That's what the reports are indicating, dismantling works, but everything still costs Commendations.

True. Dumped all 75 commendations. Can no longer buy stuff.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:52 (3327 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:03 (3327 days ago) @ Funkmon

But more importantly, got a shader.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:09 (3327 days ago) @ Funkmon

Why wouldn't you wait until Tuesday?

DON'T JUDGE ME!

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:41 (3327 days ago) @ bluerunner

I wanted a shader to look cool for your raid later (this honestly entered my head), and I figured this way I'd get at least another level up because it still gives commendations and I can use those again, and also I wanted a field scout Venation which I haven't seen in the new DLC so I wanted to make sure I got one.

I did get a Hanged Man Shader.

I was about to ask that...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:54 (3327 days ago) @ bluerunner

Why wouldn't you wait until Tuesday?

If I understand correctly, any missives we get from upgrading rank before tuesday will only yield old rewards, even if we wait until after tuesday to open them.

That's why I've been working on getting my ranks close to rolling over, and leaving them there. So I can rank up all my factions after tuesday and get new loot from the missives.

Do I have that right?

That's correct, AFAIK.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 20:18 (3327 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I was about to ask that...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 22:20 (3327 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You do, although it's worth noting that if someone wants any of the old gear they're probably better off doing it now. Just depends what you're going for, I guess.

The starting area has been opened back up!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 15, 2015, 20:38 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

It also has a new ghost. Video enclosed.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 20:40 (3327 days ago) @ Xenos

You can get ToO passage coins from the crucible. Hmm.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 20:48 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Ether Chests Locations Mapped

by Zero @, Florida, Friday, May 15, 2015, 21:14 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Scout rifle damage

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, May 15, 2015, 21:35 (3327 days ago) @ JDQuackers

The medium damage scout rifle types, VoC and Fang for exmple, no longer one-shot headshot vandals, has anyone else noticed this? I don't know if it's just the crit damage that changed or the overall damage, but vandals require two shots now.

Scout rifle damage

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 00:23 (3327 days ago) @ Kalamari

Seems to have been fixed from when I witnessed it this morning, bravo!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread