Heavy Pike. *IMGs* (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:59 (3321 days ago)

So I was in the Ember Caves region of Venus, hunting down Beltrik, The Veiled, when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the "Drivable Vehicle" icon hidden off in one of the caves. Curious I made my way there and found a vehicle I hadn't seen in the game before.

A Heavy Pike:

[image]

Needless to say I was pretty excited, I took a couple more screen shots and then hopped on to take it for a spin.

[image]

It handles like a cross between a Pike and an Interceptor. A little slower than the former, and a little faster than the later. It's armaments are likewise a pleasant mix of the two, it's got heavy arc cannons that fire similar to a normal Pike, but at a more subdued RoF and with a more explosive payload.

But the biggest difference was that this Pike carries mines! Explosive bouncing mines like the Walker Tanks! You drop them when you hit you're left and right boosters. It's been lots of fun tearing through the Venus countryside laying waste to all before me!

[image]

[image]

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:03 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

So I was in the Ember Caves region of Venus, hunting down Beltrik, The Veiled, when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the "Drivable Vehicle" icon hidden off in one of the caves. Curious I made my way there and found a vehicle I hadn't seen in the game before.

A Heavy Pike:

[image]

Needless to say I was pretty excited, I took a couple more screen shots and then hopped on to take it for a spin.

[image]

It handles like a cross between a Pike and an Interceptor. A little slower than the former, and a little faster than the later. It's armaments are likewise a pleasant mix of the two, it's got heavy arc cannons that fire similar to a normal Pike, but at a more subdued RoF and with a more explosive payload.

But the biggest difference was that this Pike carries mines! Explosive bouncing mines like the Walker Tanks! You drop them when you hit you're left and right boosters. It's been lots of fun tearing through the Venus countryside laying waste to all before me!

Thanks for the details.

You drop them in front or behind you?

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:04 (3321 days ago) @ Kermit

You drop them in front or behind you?

They bounce out in front of you and to the sides. It's kinda random-seeming. If I can figure out how to upload a clip, I'll try to share.

Heavy Pike vid link.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:24 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I don't know how to embed, so here's a simple link to the video. Please ignore the annoying bookends before and after. :P

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chewbaccawakka/video/2182348

Heavy Pike vid link.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:11 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Looks great. I'll have to check and see if it's just sitting there all the time. That would be nice.

Pretty sure the embedding only works with YouTube at the moment, unless someone made an XBox DVR tag that I missed.

On that note, if you have the YouTube app on your XBone you can actually upload your recorded (and edited) clips through that. Just if you want them on YouTube for whatever reason.

Heavy Pike vid link.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 20:18 (3321 days ago) @ stabbim

On that note, if you have the YouTube app on your XBone you can actually upload your recorded (and edited) clips through that. Just if you want them on YouTube for whatever reason.

Good to know, I had no idea!

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:03 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Cool! Was a public event happening at the time (either a normal one, or the one for the bounty)?

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:05 (3321 days ago) @ stabbim

Not at the time, no! But about 20 minutes later a Fallen Walker dropped and I had a blast giving it a taste of it's own medicine!

My download can't go fast enough!!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:04 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:10 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

but can you dance while driving it?

What a BEAST!

by R41, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:24 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by ProbablyLast, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:28 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Very cool. I stole one from a guy and drove it off of a cliff.

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:32 (3321 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Heh, I kept getting off mine and trying to let other people pilot it. But few of them took me up on it. I guess they might have thought it was a special mount, like the Tumbler.

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by ProbablyLast, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:33 (3321 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Yeah, it is really fun to use but I'm a terrible person.

Heavy Pike. *IMGs*

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 05:37 (3320 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I had a guy come up and look at mine from all angles, so I hopped off and pointed to it. He took it for a spin for about 2 minutes and brought it back! It was great fun!

Stealing heavy pikes is fun.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:49 (3321 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

The guy chased me around for a solid minute trying to get it back.

I never found it :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 12:52 (3320 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I spent ages cave-hopping while I waited for the Bounty, but I never saw it. Any idea on the Spawn conditions?

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 13:26 (3320 days ago) @ someotherguy

Mine showed in a cave up after the Bounty target was dispatched. There was a vehicle waypoint above it.

May have been random, though..

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 19:15 (3320 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Best guess is a timer? It's been pretty random the times I've found it.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, May 18, 2015, 22:17 (3318 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Earlier I had one show up in a cave (in the Ember Caves region) I had looked in maybe two minutes beforehand, and I noticed the icon right after a "kill the Fallen walker" event started, so I'm guessing it's tied to public events. I'm not sure though because I found one in a cave in the Ishtar Cliffs and there was no public event going on and I stayed around a while and nothing started up.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread