Pack of Wolves less frequent? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:12 (3418 days ago)

Last night Slycrel & I were messing around the Ember Caves area while waiting for the Pack of Wolves so we could claim the bounty for that area, but... none came! We waited around for around 20 minutes. What gives? Did they reduce the frequency of the Packs? Am I doing it wrong? I have the "WANTED: Beltrik, The Veiled" bounty.

Pack of Wolves less frequent?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:14 (3418 days ago) @ dogcow

ok, maybe we waited 12 minutes...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:22 (3418 days ago) @ dogcow

Last night Slycrel & I were messing around the Ember Caves area while waiting for the Pack of Wolves so we could claim the bounty for that area, but... none came! We waited around for around 20 minutes. What gives? Did they reduce the frequency of the Packs? Am I doing it wrong? I have the "WANTED: Beltrik, The Veiled" bounty.

I haven't noticed any decrease. In my experience doing it the wolves are almost entirely random. One time I waited more than 10 minutes (this was before HoW dropped) and another time I waited 2 minutes (I know because I hadn't finished reheating my lunch in the microwave).

This^

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:44 (3418 days ago) @ Xenos

Yea we had one last night that happened almost immediately after the one before it, we hadn't left the area yet.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:51 (3418 days ago) @ Xenos

Also, odd as it sounds, you can miss them sometimes due to a few factors:

• The announcement is a small bit of text that you can miss if you're not looking at the screen when it happens (less likely with multiple players, but still possible)
  • The ship just appears rather than flying in
  • If the enemies aren't immediately engaged, they'll sometimes wander off to a spot off the beaten path (for example, on Forgotten Shore they can actually go into a cave)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:54 (3418 days ago) @ stabbim

Also, odd as it sounds, you can miss them sometimes due to a few factors:

• The announcement is a small bit of text that you can miss if you're not looking at the screen when it happens (less likely with multiple players, but still possible)
  • The ship just appears rather than flying in
  • If the enemies aren't immediately engaged, they'll sometimes wander off to a spot off the beaten path (for example, on Forgotten Shore they can actually go into a cave)

Agreed, if you're in your inventory when they arrive, or you enter an area that they've already arrived in, it can be hard to find them waiting around for you.

Makes me wish they'd gangster around through an area like the bands of pikes sometimes do.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:36 (3417 days ago) @ stabbim

[*]If the enemies aren't immediately engaged, they'll sometimes wander off to a spot off the beaten path (for example, on Forgotten Shore they can actually go into a cave)

This explains so much. I went to do one, didn't see anyone fighting people, then it just said "the wolves leave" or something like that. I was so confused cause I didn't see them and clearly the randoms in their didn't.

The timer restarts when Wolves spawn, not when killed

by Monochron, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:15 (3418 days ago) @ Xenos

This could have something to do with it. If one group takes a long time to kill, it could be a minute until the next.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread