Anyone know how to buy the Expansion Pass for someone else? (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 21:33 (3315 days ago)

My dad's birthday is next week and I'm trying to get him something he'll enjoy...

He's on XB1 btw.

Not to be crass, but... Google?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 21:42 (3315 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I made this mistake once

by Monochron, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:30 (3315 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

At least on PSN you cannot buy an expansion for someone without doing ON their account. Meaning it can't be a "gift". I found this out the hard way by following online instructions to buy TDB for my brother. Ended up buying it for an random account I made rather than his. And unfortunately it wasn't transferable to his account at all.

at least you didn't use lmgtfy

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:28 (3314 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My dad's birthday is next week and I'm trying to get him something he'll enjoy...

He's on XB1 btw.

https://store.xbox.com/en-us/Xbox-One/Dlc/Destiny-Expansion-Pass/0f29e8ab-927a-4146-9739-35665409061b

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/destiny-expansion-pass/115794

I'm going to have to go the xbox live card route, I can't buy from xbox.com FOR someone else's account, and I'm suspicious of gamestop considering some of the reviews say they had to pay more money after using the code they got from gamestop.

Now I just have to make sure he doesn't get it himself in the next week.

Thanks everyone for the help.

at least you didn't use lmgtfy

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 14:12 (3314 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm going to have to go the xbox live card route, I can't buy from xbox.com FOR someone else's account, and I'm suspicious of gamestop considering some of the reviews say they had to pay more money after using the code they got from gamestop.

Yeah that's because the Gamestop cards are actually just credit for XBL/PSN, which is dumb. You end up having to pay the taxes too which means the expansion passes you buy from Gamestop don't actually completely cover your purchase.

You can't buy as gift on XBL or PSN.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:20 (3315 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Anyone know how to buy the Expansion Pass for someone else?

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 01:17 (3315 days ago) @ kidtsunami

$20 cash and a hand drawn picture of some destiny action?

Or a $20 Xbox Live gift card (can buy them at target, etc).

Anyone know how to buy the Expansion Pass for someone else?

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 13:49 (3314 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Is the expansion pass only $20 somewhere or are you referring to just one half of the pass?

I've yet to buy any DLC because I'm waiting for it to go on sale or be included with Comet.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread