We don't know if it IS indefensibly dumb. (Off-Topic)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 19:21 (3278 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You're admitting it's terrible though, and you couldn't point to anyone that wanted something like this beforehand.

Wait - are you suggesting that anything that isn't ASKED FOR by the general public (as opposed to being introduced by a company or inventor) is terrible (or somehow bad)?

This is a really weird view, if you ask me.

No, I was just saying as far as I can tell no one wanted this, and it seems weird to make something no one wants.

Tons of new products on the market are things no one wants - because nobody KNOWS they want them, because they don't exist. (Hell, Skymall was a powerhouse for decades based on this idea.)

This particular idea: it's clear that YOU think it's stupid. There are already people in this thread (on a forum that represents a tiny, tiny fraction of the millions of people who play Destiny) who've said they'd buy into this - why do you think you can make a sweeping statement like 'no one wants this'?

I didn't say no one wants this, present tense, and I asked if anyone wanted it beforehand, and no one indicated anyone that did.
I know the "I never knew I wanted this" feeling, and that's pretty clearly what they were banking on.
I should've just not responded to that part, or agreed with the sentiment that this was dumb.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread