*OT* Any Ender's Game fans?

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 21:22 (4008 days ago) @ Mr Daax

You guys should read the wikipedia page on the movie, particularly the part regarding Card's rewrites for a script version. Without spoiling anything, the twist ending has been nerfed.

Which I was really upset about.

Until I thought about it more. And frankly, I think it's going to make for a much more interesting sequence emotionally the way it's been rewritten.

Love the way they're integrating more modern-looking equipment (like the fighter jets) to create a 'near-future' for what I'm assuming is the first war with Rackham (sp?). It'll make a nice visual contrast between the old war and the new one being fought.
The formic ships look a little generic, but fitting. I'm excited to see the battle sequences both in the battle room and in space. Hopefully they don't cut too much of the computer program, because that was such an important part of the book, and would have so much to say, especially to a modern audience (and us in particular) who are more familiar with real-world video games.

Also, at 1:08, I believe we may be seeing a bit of the epilogue sequence where *spoiler* is found, setting the story up for Speaker for the Dead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread