Yeah I thought it might be...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 11:56 (4006 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This posting has been known for a long time, and is my #1 worry about destiny, since polluting the game with player investment systems could ruin or otherwise seriously diminish an otherwise good game. I wrote about this after seeing this job posting back in December 2010.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive35.pl?read=1039755

See that's an interesting difference between you and me. I am definitely considered about the term "player investment" but the wording of that job posting actually comforts me quite a bit because it's not "simple reward[s] that only drive the player to the game" which is the kind of player investment I do not like. From the wording of the post I'm even hoping it's fiction related stuff based on this part: "a meaningful incentive that truly captivates their imagination?" When I read your explanations I understand your point but it is somewhat amusing to me that we read the same thing and interpret it in almost opposite ways. It's part of the reason I enjoy this forum, getting different perspectives than my own.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread