I live a life of quiet desperation. (quality shitpost) (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 01:57 (3191 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:02

I will preface this by saying that my in-laws are absolutely wonderful people. None of you have in-laws as awesome as they are. That being said, my father-in-law is a very old-school, hunt-fish-camp, ganje-smokin hippy. My mother-in-law is a japanese farm girl who does a lot of tai-chi and guided meditation. Both of my in-laws are somewhat fearful of technology, and vidya is probably, in their eyes, a tremendous waste of time (why waste your time with a computer game when you could spend it drinking, amirite?).

As a result, I don't really spend a lot of time trying to explain the Destiny t-shirts I wear in our cohabitated space, and on the whole, I keep the gaming to myself.

We good on the setup? So I'm out to dinner tonight with my lovely but not entirely understanding in-laws, having a nice time at the sports bar. It not being a sporting night, one of the tv's is dedicated to music videos. Half way through my pizza, I hear my father-in-law say, "Is that fucking Paul McCartney?" I turn around in my chair to look at said television.

I shit you not.

I turn back to him. "Why yes it is," I say.

"What the fuck am I seeing here?" he says. I look down at my t-shirt.

[image]

"I'm not sure, Tim. Pretty stupid though."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread