Thoughts on the new "Armory"? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:00 (3371 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:27

It's kind of laughable.

My currently equipped sniper rifle doesn't exist.
EDIT: Vagueness pointed out that you can find it if you access the page through the "gear" screen, but not through the armory itself. Odd.

Necrochasm has less attack than Husk of the pit.

The Ram is categorized under "Impact Effects->Disorient"

Nothing Manacles are categorized under "Guardian Attributes->Shields"

I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's already been done better by at least three different third parties with access to nothing but the API/Datamining. Why not put those development resources to something that we don't have at all yet, like Heatmaps or more detailed Carnage reports?

Thoughts on the new "Armory"?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:08 (3371 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:16

I'm looking it over and really liking it, but with these issues you've pointed out... :/
I like having an actual official source for it, and it looks pretty usable (haven't looked much at other sources though), and I was hoping since it's official it would be more complete or more accurate, but apparently not.
I really would like this information to be in the game itself, and better carnage reports in and out of the game would be nice, but this is a start.
Someone told me they got to the sniper rifle in the armory, and I tried clicking on it in your gear screen and clicking "view in armory", and it took me to it, even though searches didn't work and it's not in the standard sorted list... it's weird.

We're not normal.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:09 (3371 days ago) @ CyberKN

Bingle needs to add these features first, since most players of the game know nothing about these other sites, and probably never will. They DO know about bunglenet though. When they google destiny, they will go to the official site, and it is nice to have these features, however basic.

I was happy to find the boss loot drops listed

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 19:14 (3371 days ago) @ Funkmon

But I was hoping for so much more.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread