Memorializing a wager between myself and Xenos (/-/ Rampant Speculation /-/)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 23, 2015, 17:04 (3191 days ago)

If you listened to the awesome DBO Starside Lounge podcast from this week, you may have noticed a little part where I jabbed Xenos for his terrible fashion sense (mostly for liking the hideous purple, orange, and red color scheme of the Future War Cult - but there are other things of "taste" on which we definitely don't agree). The fact is, Xenos and I like discussing all sorts of things when we're playing Destiny together, chatting in the TSDIRC when we're supposed to be working, meeting up at LANs, etc.

Lately we (along with IconicBanana, Paddy, Kanbo, GV, and others) have been talking a lot about The Taken King. Xenos and I actually see eye to eye on just about everything (with the glaring exception of guardian fashion sense, of course), but there is one subject lately on which we are not quite in sync -- and that is the likelihood that we will be getting private PvP matches in Destiny in the near future.

I feel like the odds that we will get private PvP matches in The Taken King currently sit at 55%. (Mind you, that means that I believe that there remains a non-significant 45% chance that it won't come in TTK!)

Xenos thinks that chance is much smaller (I don't remember his number, but I think it was low single-digit). Since I am a bit of a gambling man (Hawkmoon isn't just my favorite gun because it's the prettiest!), today I propsed a friendly wager and we have now settled on terms, which are laid out below.

If private PvP matches are a feature included in The Taken King, Xenos must level up his Dead Orbit reputation on his main character to level 3 and purchase a full set of Dead Orbit armor, and wear that armor for at least a full week. If private PvP matches are not a feature of TTK, I must do the same with Future War Cult. The loser must fulfill the terms by October 15, 2015. In addition, the winner will supply the loser with a Red Bull Quest code to aid the loser in leveling up his new ugly gear as fast as possible.

This purpose of this post is mostly to memorialize the wager in a medium that is more permanent and accessible than the TSDIRC chatroom, but of course we welcome your cheers and jeers below. I am especially interested to hear what percentage others would place on the issue!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread