That "oooooooh baby!" moment. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 11:45 (3214 days ago)

You know the moment I'm talking about. Swooping down on to the beach at the beginning of The Silent Cartographer. Watching a pair of friendly Hunters mow down dozens of enemy Brutes as you press towards Delta Halo's control room. Seeing the Forward Unto Dawn rush down to the surface of the Arc and launch a fleet of vehicles out from its loading bay.

Those moments that Bungie is typically so good at creating. The moments where a situation is put in front of you and you say to yourself "ooooooh baby... this is gonna be good!" Moments that get the adrenaline going, and make you look forward to replaying the mission over and over.

I bring this up because it occurred to me last night that as much as I love Destiny, it has very few of these moments for me. It comes close a few times: the first couple times I experienced a Public Event, watching the gate to the Vault of Glass part open. For me, that's pretty much it.

Going in to The Taken King, this is my biggest hope. I hope the story missions and strikes have more of those "ooooh baby" moments that leave a lasting impression. I feel like they go a long way towards making each mission feel unique and special, which would help Destiny's story missions a lot.

What about all if you? Does Destiny already have moments like this for you? If so, which ones? What would you like to see more of in The Taken King?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread