I had a dream last night. (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:52 (3232 days ago)

About a Vex-themed exotic Void Rocket Launcher called The Causality Protocol. It didn't operate like other RLs, instead you'd fire your first "rocket" at a location on the map. This rocket (that looked like a void version of the Scorch Cannon spear) would be your Anchor. If you were clever, you'd fire it at a wall somewhere over a bottomless pit.

After you placed your Anchor you'd use the remaining rockets in the magazine to tether enemies. Each direct hit would do a little damage, but more importantly when you released the trigger (like causing the explosions with the Scorch Cannon) it would activate a teleport that would send your tethered target out to wherever you placed your Anchor.

As a straight up Rocket Launcher, it was significantly under-powered compared to Ghaalalalal and Truth. But the teleport mechanic would allow for insta-killing of most targets and strategic repositioning of bosses.

Anyway, it was a cool dream and I had fun playing with it.

Reminded me of this:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:54 (3232 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Sweet! What about bosses?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:58 (3232 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

So, I've always wanted to just shove that CELL, FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS, over the edge instead of waiting for the Archon Priest to climb out and start shooting at us. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" NO, it's a terrible idea! Lets just nuke the thing now, or blow it off the cliff.

Maybe with this I could accomplish my task. Set a flare on the cliff edge & teleport that SOB over the edge like I've always wanted... Ok, but really, we all know he's just teleport back.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:19 (3232 days ago) @ dogcow

Heh, yeah, bosses don't like to play by the rules. The one I fought in my dream (I think the Flame Prince?) would take damage and be teleported as close to the Anchor as the "game" would let it. But that's about it. :/

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:25 (3232 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Your first rocket would have to detonate on some geometry right? Or is it manual detonation?

It could always placed the Anchor in playable space nearest to detonation.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:07 (3232 days ago) @ breitzen

Think like a cross between a Spike Grenade and a Pulse Grenade. Sticking out from and to the geometry, with damage area around it.

Make it arc and you've got a deal :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:58 (3232 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread