Most Impressive (no spoilers in this post) (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 19:25 (3232 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for the link!

New things I learned:
- They've recorded multiple lines of dialogue for strikes so that they sound fresh and have variation in audio each run (unclear if they did this for all strikes or only for TTK's new strikes).
- Strikes now have encounters that are different each run (another early DBO suggestion, implemented!). They appear to be pulled from a scripted list so they aren't totally random. Also ammo drops etc. will be in different places. As above, unclear if this is for all strikes or just TTK ones.
- Strike playlists are now sorted by content of the strikes (unclear if level-based strikes are totally gone or not), so you can do year 1 strikes, All strikes, or TTK-only strikes. I imagine this to be similar to how PvP playlists have been organized in past xpacs.
- Vanguard and Crucible marks replaced with a single currency, "Legendary Marks." Great change! Hooray for fewer currencies!
- Speaking of... All armor now takes "armor parts" to upgrade which is a single, universal currency for armor upgrades. Change your old armor materials into generic armor parts at your local vanguard vendor. Another great change.
- There is a kiosk where you can view all of your unlocked emblems and shaders. Awesome! Sounds like they're freeing up inventory space!
- There are ghost shells to be found which provide not only alt art for your ghost but also have stats such as more glimmer from hive kills or +Intellect.
- Intellect, Strength, and Discipline now give exact numbers rather than percentages, and are tell you exactly how much of a bonus they give you.
- All gear (including weapons) now has light level associated with it. Strikes and missions now have "recommended total light level" values so you know if you're powerful enough for it or not. Unclear if light level affects anything anymore as your character level is no longer tied to light level.
- Unlocking the third spec for your class is mission-based rather than automatic (actually, I don't think this is new info, but I couldn't find a source in my 3 seconds of searching).
- Strikes will now have a "teleport to the action" feature to catch up slow or afk players. Bungie told the reporters that solving afkers is a major priority for them.
- Xur now sells a "3 of Coins" which increases the odds that an exotic will drop from your next end boss (I assume it's a consumable).
- They are going to be manually curating Nightfall mods rather than purely randomly generating them each week. Unclear if they will all be by hand or, as I'd suspect, initially randomly generated and then hand-modified if they end up weird. A very welcome change.
- Lots of changes to bounties as well (on page 4 of the article); daily class bounties, weekly bounties, fireteam bounties... lots of changes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread