Question about Taken King Packages (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 16:56 (3240 days ago)

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like if I want a disc it will cost me 60 bucks instead of 40 for the digital. Right? There's no 40 dollar disc version?

And didn't Bungie say something about if you bought the physical version but owned the previous DLC and Vanilla game, that you'd get something else? I can't find what you'd get.

And yes, I googled it.

Question about Taken King Packages

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 16:57 (3240 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like if I want a disc it will cost me 60 bucks instead of 40 for the digital. Right? There's no 40 dollar disc version?

I believe that is correct.

And didn't Bungie say something about if you bought the physical version but owned the previous DLC and Vanilla game, that you'd get something else? I can't find what you'd get.

I have no memory of anything like that, one way or the other.

Are you referring to moments of Triumph?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 17:39 (3239 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Or the Tiger Bike?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 19:50 (3239 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 17:43 (3239 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There was something on the front page. http://destiny.bungie.org/n/1558 (Link button crashes Safari, iOS 8.3, sorry.)

The disc will only have Destiny on it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 17:50 (3239 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Correct, but there won't actually be a "disc" of The Taken King, it'll be a disc of Destiny, with codes for all of the DLC (including The Taken King).

Source

They did say something about something for people who already ordered the DIGITAL Collector's Edition (which they haven't yet told us what they are doing for them), but I don't think they said anything about the people who own physical copies of any of it. Probably because you can still cancel your physical pre-order, while you won't be able to (without a lot of pain and possible yelling) cancel your digital pre-order.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 18:03 (3239 days ago) @ Xenos

Correct, but there won't actually be a "disc" of The Taken King, it'll be a disc of Destiny, with codes for all of the DLC (including The Taken King).

Oh, so the bits for the taken king and the expansions simply aren't physically available on disc ANYWHERE?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 18:21 (3239 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh, so the bits for the taken king and the expansions simply aren't physically available on disc ANYWHERE?

Doesn't sound like it. So hope we all have decent Internet!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 18:39 (3239 days ago) @ Xenos

I would guess that we will all download it (or at least a portion of it), whether we buy it or not, just to keep everyone's games compatible. I would also guess that he update will come before the release date, so that people get it gradually as they log on over the week or two before it comes out.

EDIT: as for me, i do not have good internet, so i will be making a pilgrimage to by brother in law's to download it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 18:41 (3239 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I would guess that we will all download it (or at least a portion of it), whether we buy it or not, just to keep everyone's games compatible. I would also guess that he update will come before the release date, so that people get it gradually as they log on over the week or two before it comes out.

EDIT: as for me, i do not have good internet, so i will be making a pilgrimage to by brother in law's to download it.

Not to mention if you have instant-on turned on for your console you can download it in the background.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 19:07 (3239 days ago) @ Xenos

Not to mention if you have instant-on turned on for your console you can download it in the background.

true, i always forget about background downloads, b/c i have them turned off.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 18:30 (3239 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And yes, I googled it.

Bungie said something about VIP rewards. Searching for that lead me to this article http://planetdestiny.com/vip-digital-collectors-faq/ which lines up with what I remember reading about them from Bungie. AFAIK they still haven't elaborated on the "more" part.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread