Tag: Recreate that Image (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:17 (3230 days ago)
edited by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:59

I remember a few contests on HBO in which people were given prizes if they could recreate screenshots of obscure areas in Halo. Alas, I have no prizes to offer, but I know we have a bunch of explorers here on DBO. I thought we might make a game that would help others get into the more obscure parts of the Destiny universe. Here is how it works:

• I'll start by posting the first image.
  • If you can successfully recreate it, than you get to post the next image for people to find.
  • Images must have some sort of clue to their whereabouts (i.e. you can't just have a picture of rock texture with no context).
  • Recreations only need to include the scenery with similar framing. Your guardian's gun and arm need not match- although props if they do!
  • To keep the thread tidy, post your recreation as a reply to the the person who posted the image. Then, post a response to this post to start a new search.
  • If no one can match your image in a reasonable time, you must give hints or I may interject a new image for the hunt. Honestly, I'd prefer you give hints so we all get a shot at exploring.
  • If there is a dispute, I will arbitrate.

Anyways, here's your first challenge:

[image]

Broken image.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:19 (3230 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Broken image.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:45 (3230 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Hrmm, it looked fine on mine but I just changed it to a new source. Does it work now?

Broken image.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:49 (3230 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Hrmm, it looked fine on mine but I just changed it to a new source. Does it work now?

No. I hope you're not trying to host it from your C: folder...
Gotta use an online host, like imgur.

Broken image.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:49 (3230 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Still nothing... must be me :(

It's not you

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:57 (3230 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Robot Chicken's host site doesn't like direct-linking.

Thanks

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:00 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

Gah, public fail. I just realized my error. Can we all forget this ever happened...

Thanks for fixing that. :)

Here it is with a different host: *Edit* And Another!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:51 (3230 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by CyberKN, Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:45

[image]

Edit: and another host:
[image]

Here it is with a different host:

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:54 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

At last, one of the ten thousand MIDAs that the game has given me will be useful...

Here it is with a different host:

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:41 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

And that host is banned from my work. :(

I see Chickens' post fine.

Okie Dokie. Will use Imgur from now on.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:42 (3230 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

ITT all the images are borked.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:43 (3230 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

Love this.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:30 (3230 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 14, 2015, 13:59 (3230 days ago) @ dogcow

A very similar contest to this is how I got my Sgt. J in Firefight!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread