Oh hey...yeah, I'm still alive... (Off-Topic)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 02:59 (3328 days ago)

...I've just been a little distracted finishing THIS: :D

[image]

I solicited ideas on HBO, thinking it would be cool to have a Halo A-10 Warthog, and the one I liked the most was actually Elite-inspired. I'm posting it here, though, because the final product actually has a bit of a Destiny-feel to it (I think)! Plus I just wanted to show off why I haven't been online for like 2 weeks straight... :P

Here's a before-paint pic too, with some more after-shots:

[image]

[image]

[image]

I still need to do the teeth and eyes detail, but other than that the big parts are done! Can't wait to get it in the air.... :)

Nice!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 13:09 (3328 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

But can it fly?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 13:54 (3328 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

That's the idea...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:30 (3328 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's designed as an RC glider for sloping off cliffs, but it's not quite finished and so I have yet to maiden it. It's rather heavy, almost 70oz, but it also has a pretty large wing. It's still gonna need a pretty stiff breeze. :)

Don't worry, I'll be posting again when I finally get it in the air. ;)

gorgeous

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:57 (3328 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Nice.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 15:13 (3328 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

NOW WE HAVE TEETH

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 20:02 (3327 days ago) @ Mid7night

Not that many of you will see this, what with the deluge of posts following the Twitch stream, but I'll update you just the same... The 'Hog has teeth! And glowy-eyes! Now it just needs a little lead in the nose to balance, and we'll be flight ready!

[image] - [image] - [image] - [image] - [image]

P.S. Fun Fact: I didn't want to buy a whole can of orange just for the eyes, and I'm sick of masking and spraying anyway, so the orange eye is duct-tape. Then the whole thing is sprayed with a clear coat to seal it on. :D

Awesome :)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 21:17 (3327 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

NOW WE HAVE TEETH

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, August 20, 2015, 05:17 (3327 days ago) @ Mid7night

Sweeeeet! It's looking pretty nice, man!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread