Goodbye Year One (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 01:41 (3214 days ago)

There are several people here who are crazy enough to play Destiny on two platforms. Then there are those of us who are certifiably insane.

Today I hit a milestone on my Playstation--all three characters at 34.

[image]

I hit it a few days ago on my Xbox.

[image]

I've been joking with people that I'm done, and I kind of am until TTK, but I'm sure I'm be on to check out the changes and maybe try a few Crucible maps. My last weekend of real play was a lot of fun, helping some newbies through VoG and Crota. (It didn't hurt that I finally got Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast on the PS4.)

Speaking of raiding, my only real immediate goal for TTK is that I WANT TO RUN THE RAID UNSPOILED. Many of my Xbox friends here have already committed to other groups, but if you can stay unspoiled and can devote a chunk of time the second weekend after TTK comes out, please sign up. I'd feel better having six solid commitments in there.

I don't know if I'll be able to devote as much time to year two, but I'm excited for it. Year one has been a lot of fun in no small part because of the fine people in this community.

Kermit

Goodbye Year One

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 01:44 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd love to run the raid with you man. I work until 4 on Saturdays though, so I can't make the event you made.

I really want to find a group to run with that weekend, but it's looking like it might not happen.

Whoever wants to raid unspoiled the second weekend

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 01:58 (3214 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd love to run the raid with you man. I work until 4 on Saturdays though, so I can't make the event you made.

I really want to find a group to run with that weekend, but it's looking like it might not happen.

E-mail me the times you can play. Think about that Friday, too. Realistically, it could take several nights. This goes for everyone who is interested. Beorn organized several groups for the community for VoG, and I'm willing to do the same for King's Fall.

What's in FTB right now can be changed.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 11:54 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

I absolutely want to run the raid unspoiled, but you know me: Mid7night games at midnight. :P

I probably won't be ready the first weekend, and I can usually only play from 9pm to midnight Pacific time.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 13:01 (3214 days ago) @ Mid7night

I absolutely want to run the raid unspoiled, but you know me: Mid7night games at midnight. :P

I probably won't be ready the first weekend, and I can usually only play from 9pm to midnight Pacific time.

I anticipate I might be playing that late, but starting way before 9 pm PST. :(

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 15:10 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

I actually might be online more the first weekend, it turns out. I'll be out of town but I'll have my Xbox. We'll see...

But you know Year Two starts tomorrow, right?

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 02:22 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I thought it was obvious that's why I was posting.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 02:45 (3214 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

I'm always here to walk into your traps, good sir Frog.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 06:18 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I said goodbye beating Skolas in our first try!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 04:19 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

And thus my Moments of Triumph are complete! Thanks to Breitzen, Ragashingo, and Zero Point Fox! They kept warning me it was going to take hours and hours and a hundred resets. Then we beat him the very first try! The third and fourth rounds before that WERE grim tho.

Really liked the Moments thing. Gave me a chance to retour every facet of the game and give year one a good sendoff. :)

Same thing happened to me

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 18:33 (3213 days ago) @ Leviathan

I got a message from some friends that couldn't beat skolas. They brought me in at the end after a fireteam member had to drop. we ended up clearing it on our first try while they explained the strat to me lol. good times.

Goodbye Year One

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 04:28 (3214 days ago) @ Kermit

What a year! I'm ending it a lot more down that I would have liked but there's certainly hope for the future!

[image] [image] [image]

I can't wait to see how these Guardians look at the end of year two! :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread