The Daring, The Dedicated, The DBO Community (DBO)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 05:18 (3143 days ago)

Thank you! A few days late (I could not get online to access DBO the past 3 days).

Just sit right back and I’ll tell a tale
A tale of a fateful fight
That started down in P.O.E.
Level 35

(youre welcome for getting that ol’ theme song stuck in your head now)

Skolas vs. the DBO community

I needed Skolas to complete my MOT
Wanted it badly enough that I stayed at it for SEVEN hours.
Yes, you heard right, SEVEN hours.
What can I say, I am a Hunter with a Spartan’s heart – I had to stay and finish the fight!

7 Hours of Skolas ..and in that time I fought alongside several gracious DBO community members (Oholiab, OholiabII, Robot Chickens, Rellekh and Louis Wu) who gave it their all to help out a fellow gamer / DBO’er.

Thank you Oholiab. You were a great leader, keeping calm while simultaneously slaughtering hordes of enemies and giving James and I good direction. And thank you for being my guide on using the “bladedancer” subclass! It was selfless of you to give up your spot to Robot after a couple of hours in hopes of giving “Junior” and I a bit of a better chance to beat Skolas that night.

Thank you Oholiab “junior” (James). You hung in there for 5 grueling hours and you fought with the heart of a true warrior. You are a killing machine! Your dedication, not just to the game, but to helping others, is admirable for someone your age. PoE throws several things at you at once, it can be brutal but don’t give up – I know you’ll get there. It was an honor to fight by your side.

Robot, Thank You for sticking around online in case we got in to trouble. I put 7 hours in to the fight, but you put in 5+ hours too and I wouldn’t have beat Skolas that night without your help. It seems you already have a good rep on here for being a beast in Destiny and being able to get people through the toughest battles – I can see it is a well earned reputation! It also says a lot that despite the difficulties, dropped connections, and multiple times of dying when we were so close to the end ..you were still able to laugh and carry on.

Thank you Rellekh. This was not the first time you were called upon to drop in and help save the day (ie. Crota hard mode the other week)! Part of me feels bad we have had to drag you in more than once when you were tired and/or had other things going on, but on the other hand I am glad it happened because I’ve enjoyed gaming with you! Your obviously a good person and a good Guardian to have in battle. I look forward to playing some more with you, maybe in less intense situations so we can all relax and just “hang out” more. :)

After putting nearly 6 hours in to the fight, things took a turn for the worse: my wrist was killing me, I had a fierce headache and my voice was nearly gone (this caused a few deaths as no one could hear me when it was time to pass the "infection") – but I didn’t want to give up because beating Skolas would have made it worth all the pain.. but then.. one of Robot & Rellekh’s consoles was wounded on the battlefield and recovery was not looking good.

Just when all hope seemed lost, a voice broke in the party chat ..like the legendary Knights of old’ coming to aid the damsel in distress, Sir Claude declared that he had overheard our plight and would ride in to battle with us and help slay the dragon Skolas! (okay so he didn’t say exactly that ..but thats how I imagine it!)

A heartfelt thank you Claude / Louis Wu, for being that knight in shining armor. It was late, everyone was weary and Skolas is not to be taken lightly – yet you offered to help without even being asked. If not for that, I wouldn’t have completed my Moments of Triumph that night. You and Robot handled yourselves like Pro’s, respectfully discussing strategies and executing them with as much precision as one can have while being “infected”, shot at by hordes of enemies with a hunger for Guardian blood, all while having a deadline to beat!

It was a very grueling battle for me, filled with emotion and even physical pain. But it was also epic on many levels and filled with good humor and camaraderie. I can look back on that day and smile.

Thank you

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread