Vault of Emblems (Recruitment)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 12:56 (3138 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Partly me. :) I was so rusty I'd forgotten some of the nuances of the Vault; where to stand, where the enemies spawn, etc. We also took the scenic route to get stuff like the Grimoire card for killing a Gorgon. Lastly, we had some networking issues of our own; a couple of players got kicked out at the Templar and I lagged so badly against Atheon no one could pick up the relic so we had to bail out for a bit until the packet-weasels settled down.

Ugh, network issues are the worst.

Reasonably; took us a bit over 3 hours. (Damned mines.)

-- Steve still hasn't worked out a really good way to tackle those mines, but he'll accept "lucky fluke" with good grace and humility.

That's not bad. I ran Skolas twice this week with Lawnmower and LadyPhoenix. First time was just a touch over five hours, and we didn't get it finished. The next night we only wiped once on Skolas, I think, and it was right near the beginning so not a big deal.

Biggest issue with the mines for me is just being ready for them. The first night, we kept burning him too hard and fast and launching into mines before we were prepared for them (having supers and having freshly traded the essence).

Seems like what worked for us was having one person stay at the hidey hole on the right side for that mine, and send two out for the other mines, sticking together if possible, and ready to split up if both of the mines pop at the same time. Also, Gjallarhorning where you know a mine is going to spawn when you're clearing the current one is a huge help.

Skolas is one of those things that can be really frustrating when it's going wrong, but when it goes right, it is one of my favorite fights in Destiny.

I'm glad you got them both done, though!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread